The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Saturday, June 2, 2012

With Sympathy

Just a quick post to share a sympathy card I made this evening. I had many cards to send out this past week, and I completely depleted my sympathy card supply. Time to replenish!


This is definitely a straightforward, clean and simple card, as I always think sympathy cards should be. I used the new sketch from Chick Challenges {with Ippity}, rotated on its side:


I'm also entering this in the {ippity} challenge to stamp on designer paper and the Unity Challenge to use stripes.

Both of my patterned papers are digital papers. The floral digital paper is from the free Echoes of Asia digital collection by Jessica Sprague, and the striped digital paper is from the Brown Damask digital paper pack by Shery K. Designs (I recolored the pattern to match the floral paper). And I used only {ippity}/Unity stamps, as required by all of these challenges.

Thanks so much for dropping by!
Emily

Stamps: Regal Greetings by {ippity}, All About Today by Unity
Cardstock:  Ripe Avocado, white by PTI
Patterned paper:  Echoes of Asia digital collection by Jessica Sprague, Brown Damask digital paper pack by Shery K. Designs
Ink: Spanish Moss Versafine, Deep Lagoon Versafine
Accessories: scoring board, sewing machine, border punch, foam tape

12 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

so very pretty. love the colors!

Lisa Elton said...

It's sad when we need these sympathy cards, but you've made a VERY PRETTY one Emily!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card. Love the papers you used here.. And once again I have to say your stitching looks great!

Hugs~

Inkyfingers said...

How sad to have to send so many sympathy cards in one week but this one is just right for replenishing the supply. Love the colours.

nwilliams6 said...

Great designs on these papers and this is a great Sympathy card! I appreciate the card you sent us - so sweet and comforting!

Unknown said...

this is so pretty! a very elegant creation.

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm so sorry that you had to make use of so many sympathy cards. I agree with you, they do have to be pretty simple & unfrilly. I love the non-traditional colours of this one, and the piercing & stitching detail is lovely without being overwhelming :)

Pam said...

A perfect sympathy card, and such pretty paper too!

Benzi said...

Emily, your sympathy card is lovely. The digi papers are so pretty..love the stripe.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card... I am sorry to hear that you had to send many Sympathy cards recently .. Thanks for playing along..

{ippity} Chick
Heather Flaherty
www.iheartippity.com

Emily H said...

Cute card Emily!

JenMarie said...

So lovely! Thanks for playing along with the Ippity Challenge!