The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, June 4, 2012

Bonjour

My kids' last day of school is June 15. I've known this for quite some time. So why is it always a shock when I get this close to the end of the school year and realize that we need thank you cards and gifts for teachers and scout leaders and such? Yikes! My daughter wants to give each of her 7th grade academic teachers a thank you note (and "maybe a little treat, too?" she asks with big puppy dog eyes). Fortunately I've created some teacher thanks cards throughout the year, and set them aside in my stash, so there shouldn't be too many more that we need. {The gifts may be another story! I'll have to take stock and report back.}

But we wanted a special card for my daughter's French teacher. You know, something kind of, well, . . . French! So today I worked on this card, which should fit the bill:



I was inspired by the Doilies & Lace Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I just LOVE how the doily ties in with the lacy doily-like design filling the Eiffel Tower, a stamp from the fabulously French-themed Ooh La La kit from Unity. The patterned papers are from a new digital paper kit that I am totally in love with. It's called Love in Paris by Shery K. Designs. See? I totally ran with the French theme. :D

OK, I'm off to get this linked up before the MFW challenge closes tonight!

Thanks so much for dropping by!
Emily

PS I'm also entering this in Chick Challenges #33 and the Unity challenge to use stripes.

Stamps: Ooh La La kit by Unity Stamp Co.
Paper: Basic Gray cardstock by Stampin' Up!, white cardstock by Papertrey Ink, Love in Paris Mega Digital Paper Pack by Shery K. Designs
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: doily, sewing machine, foam tape, sheer white ribbon, pearls, SU border punch
Techniques: machine stitching, fussy cutting

25 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

C'est Tres Tres Bien!!! I love the DSp and the beautiful doily- and the ribbon.....Love this card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh I hear you on the procrastinating, I waited till 30 minutes before heading to the last day of school last week and then with the "environmental friendly" wrapping (i.e. nothing). Fabulous card.

Jocelyn Olson said...

I LOL'd over your post...I often feel that way, too, Emily. That's really nice of you to make a card for every one of your daughter's teachers! They will appreciate it. Your card is gorgeous, and yes, that doily makes the card. I love the design/layout you used!!

yyam said...

Ooooh...this is sooooooo sweet! I just love the pretty colours and all the elements you've used Emily! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm laughing because I DO IT TOO! I have a little bit longer (last day of classes is the 25th) but STILL. And have I started on anything? No. And it's Riley's last year at that school. And like your daughter, Connor has a bajillion grade 7 teachers. ACK!
OK, I just managed to panic myself. I have thanks cards to hurry up with for my sister too....like, yesterday...I'm just going to have a little panic attack here in your comments. Don't mind me.
I LOVE your card - and that's exactly what I like to do for our French teacher, make sure to include francais somewhere ;) Love that the papers all go along with that theme, too perfect!

Pam said...

It's just perfect for a French Teacher!! Great card!

Auntie Em said...

Great card Emily! The lace doily fan behind the tower and the colours.

Hope you find enough cards. I hate being rushed but it's usually what happens. I have cards made but they never seem just right.

It's easier to do the gift thing when the kids are in elementary grades but once they are in middle school they have so many!

At least it means the end of school is not far off. :)

Lisa Elton said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL Emily! Love your design and striking colors!

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous card for the French teacher, Emily!! Awesome papers with this pretty doily design!

Marisa said...

Perfect card for her French teacher :) Love the colour combo and doily. Year end is always a zoo with so much going on - hang in there!

Unknown said...

Yep I have to agree. What a perfect card for a french teacher. She is going to love it.. I know I do..

Hugs~

Queen Mary said...

This is a beautiful card Emily! I bet the French teacher frames it!

Bonnie said...

This would be super for anybody, Emily. But it's really appropriate for a French teacher. I'm sure she'll love it!

nwilliams6 said...

Emzi, queen of teacher appreciation cards and creations, this is lovely. What a perfect card for a French teacher - she is going to totally love this!!! I still remember my Jr. High French teacher - Mr. Claunch. I loved that class - which I remembered more than Bonjour. Fun card. Hugz!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The doily does mimic the Eiffel Tower's pattern. Love the layout. Great design Emily :)

Benzi said...

It'll be a hit with the French teacher, no doubt. Great papers you used.
Big, puppy dog eyes...you know you gotta do it. :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card... Love the Papers and the eiffel tower image.. Great card! Thanks for playing along..

{ippity} Chick
Heather Flaherty
www.iheartippity.com

~amy~ said...

absolutely wonderfully chic!

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautifully done! The mix of patterned paper, sewing and the doily behind your image~perfection!!

Kary said...

What a beautiful card!! Everything Paris melts my heart ;) I love the beautiful papers and the gorgeous Eiffel tower. Lovely design, Emily!! {hugs}

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so lovely and I'm sure your daughter's French teacher loved it!

~Tammy~ said...

Your dd's teachers will appreciate it and the French teacher will be oh so impressed! Thank goodness for challenges sometimes to give a creative push when the clock is ticking!

JenMarie said...

Ack...LOVE this!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'll bet this is the nicest card that French teacher will ever receive. It's oozing with French flair! I ADORE that particular image of the Eiffel Tower. The soft swirled pattern inside of it makes me swoon.

Scrapper Myra said...

Nice image and great card.