The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Thursday, June 7, 2012

A New Photo Tutorial

Several months ago, I was contacted by Splitcoaststampers' Beate Johns who asked if I'd be interested in writing a tutorial for Splitcoaststampers. I was sooooooooooooooo honored and immediately said yes! She requested that I put together a photo tutorial on making dryer sheet flowers, and I'm so pleased to say that my tutorial went live over at Splitcoast yesterday. So far the response has been wonderful!

Today I wanted to share the card I made as part of my new tutorial. The flower on this card is the one I show being assembled in the tutorial.


You can find all of the details on how I made this flower in my Splitcoast tutorial, and all the card specifics are listed below.  I had so much fun using my DeNami Design stamps to make the perfect card for showcasing this dryer sheet flower!

Thanks so much for dropping by and sharing my little slice of bliss for today!
Emily

Stamps: DeNami Design: Medium Solid Filigree, Polka Dot Background, Thoughtful Greetings stamp set 
Paper: DeNami Amethyst CS, DeNami Celery CS, PTI white CS  
Ink: Versafine Imperial Purple, Versamagic Aloe Vera, Colorbox Frost White pigment 
Accessories: Ditto Glimmer Spray by Hampton Art (purple), Corner Chomper, Martha Stewart Cherish PATP set, used dryer sheets, silver Stickles, decorative brad (Making Memories), Kaisercraft rhinestones, silk leaf 
   

18 comments:

Marisa said...

Loved this flower when I saw it on SCS and loving it all over again herre! Great card and tutorial, Emily :) Go Punchies!!

Kary said...

Hi Emily! I saw this on Splitcoast and wanted to come by and say I LOVE this flower!! So beautiful, and your card is Wonderful! Great tutorial!! Sorry for being so quiet lately.. {hugs}

Lisa Elton said...

Gorgeousness Emily ~ love the bling!

Pam said...

I saw this on the SCS homepage, but haven't read it yet. I had no idea it was yours!! How awesome! Congrats on being published so much lately, I am a bit jealous! :)

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Congratulations on a terrific tutorial, Emily! I, too, saw it on SCS. Your purple flowers are stunning outlined in the stickles glitter. Beautiful, beautiful card!

Anita said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous flower Emily. I'm off to check out your tutorial :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Emily! Love the fancy flower and the silver trim! Congrats on your tutorial!

veronica said...

love your tutorial! it is very easy to follow. and i love the color you chose.

Suzanne said...

Emily this is amazing! I love this idea so I've pinned it!

Benzi said...

I have a feeling we are going to be seeing this awesome flower around SCS and blogland. Great tutorial, Emily. Plus, that is a fabulous card...love the colors.

Jinny Newlin said...

A dryer sheet?! For reals?! I need to check that one out, Emily, because it looks absolutely AMAZING! Your soft green and plum color palette is divine, too!

And thanks so much for stopping by to leave me some love during the MSS June/July Release! I so appreciate your visit!

Jessi Fogan said...

Eeek! Now that's super cool news :) And this is definitely the perfect card to showcase this flower!

nwilliams6 said...

I saw the little box on SCS and thought to myself - Oh, I need to watch that this weekend so I can make some dryer sheet flowers like Emzi does - I had no idea you did the tutorial. I will be watching it for sure and making me some flowers as well!!! Beautiful color and beautiful flower on this Emzi! Hugz and I will be for sure making some stuff with dryer sheet this weekend!

~amy~ said...

well, woot wootie woot woot to you my fabulous friend!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!

Love the card and that fab bloom!!!!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Congrats!! You must be thrilled! Beautiful card and the tutorial was fantastic!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So proud of you for having your name in lights at SCS this week. :) Sure, send me some used dryer sheets if you ever get the time! LOL I love the flower -- it's gorgeous and dramatic.

Lisa Arana said...

How exciting, going to have rush over there and check it out. Fabulous card Emily.

Unknown said...

Seriously....dryer sheets.... genius! Love the photo tutorial!