The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, June 8, 2012

God's Love

This week just absolutely flew by, and here we are: another Friday! Huzzah!! (I was going to say "yee-haw," but that hardly seemed dialectically appropriate, given that my humble abode is located in New England, less than 20 miles from both blue-blooded Boston and Concord, Mass., the setting for the "shot heard 'round the world." After hearing tales of candle dipping, silhouette drawing, hornbook making, and Johnny cake cooking from my third-grader's Colonial Day festivities yesterday, this exclamation seemed far more suitable.)

Anywho, where were we? Ah, yes: FRIDAY! It's time, of course, for another Friends With Flair blog hop with Unity Stamp Co. fans. You can find a list of all of today's participants on the Unity blog.

Today I'm sharing a sympathy card.


I really like how this turned out. It's muted but not overtly sympathy-y or  too somber, and I like the modern look. I used two {ippity} sets to create this card: What Matters Most and Just Wanted to Say.

I'm also linking this up to the new {ippity} challenge to use red on a project.

Any plans for your weekend? My 13YO leaves after school for a Girl Scout camping trip all weekend, so hubby, the boy, and I are on our own for the most part. I think I have a To-Do list that's about a mile long and needs tackling, but I'm trying not to think too much about that right now! We're so excited that there's just one more week of school left. I only need to pack lunches four more times!!! I am so over the lunch-packing thing.

Have a fabulous weekend, whatever you plan to do!
Thanks for stopping by,
Emily

Stamps: What Matters Most, Just Wanted to Say from {ippity} by Unity Stamp Co.
Paper: PTI kraft, cream, and chartreuse; patterned paper by My Mind's Eye
Ink: Versafine vintage sepia
Accessories: red gel pen, corner rounder, SU hemp twine, foam tape

26 comments:

Marisa said...

Fun, funky tree and I love the grass you added wtih teh touch of twine across it. Great card.

Kary said...

Hi Emily! Love the tree, and the red little hearts on it. The sentiment is lovely. It's a wonderful card!!
Have a lovely weekend!! {hugs}

Angeline Choo said...

i have to say .. this card is really gorgeous. love the tree with the hearts and the sentiment matches it well!

Raven said...

Your card is beautiful, and the colors are fantastic.

Emily H said...

Lovely card Emily! Very well executed! I love that stamp!

Ruby said...

Another pretty card Emily. You know how to make amazing cards.

Marsha said...

Pretty. Like the grass.

Eva said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the muted colors and the grass and twine you added look great. Have a great weekend!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Sweet card design!

Pam said...

Just lovely Emily, love your tree!

Jessi Fogan said...

You don't like lunch packing? What's not to like about it? (teasing! it's right up there on my 'do I have to?' list.
It's always weirdly quiet when we're down to one kid, but kind of fun to have both parents all to themselves. Enjoy - maybe he'll be excited to help you with that To-Do list? You never know.
Love the card - the fringy grass & rounded corner are such subtle lovely touches to keep it interesting but still suitable for the occasion. You definitely rock the sympathy cards. Wow, that sounded bad. You know what I meant :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

LIke Marisa said, that *is* a fun and funky tree! You do ippity/Unity SO well, Emily. And it loves you back! (you know what I mean ;)

Good luck with that long list of to-do's. I hear ya on that one.

Thanks again for today (and yesterday). I so appreciate it!

Lindsey said...

I love that tree, and it really works for a not-too-too sympathy card. Huzzah! :P

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE this sweet card Emily and the fabulous verse. I sometimes close my eyes and just listen to all of God's sounds when I take Max on walks...glorious!!!

JPScraps said...

Wonderful card!!

Unknown said...

I adore this card!!! It is beautiful. I love that image...stunning! Great take on the challenges :)

Linda said...

What a sweet and cute card.

Glenda J said...

So soft and pretty. Lovely card. Love the little red hearts.

Unknown said...

Sweet card!
Have a marvelous weekend! Me ... just going to a graduation party then picking the hubby up at the airport on Sunday. ;o)

Mary Marsh said...

this is a pretty sympathy card Emily-I like the modern look as well

Julie Odil said...

Yeehaw! That's a beautiful sympathy card. (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Jen M said...

I agree, this is a fabulous modern sympathy card. I love the grass and the twine and the rounded corners. It's simple and lovely but solemn too. Huzzah! ;)

Barb King said...

Hey, I'm in Mass, too, but western Ma, Franklin county. Nice card, i like the tree!

Crystal said...

This is such a beautiful card and I especially love how you framed and layered it!

Benzi said...

Yee Haw!!! LOL
O.K., your card is so unique and so pretty, Emily. I really, really like that sentiment.

Glad for you that the lunch packing is almost over until Fall.

Pryn said...

Lovely card...it is so comforting. The fringed grass is brilliant!