The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Emboss Resist Live in the Moment

I saw yesterday that Julie Koerber, of Out to Impress, is celebrating her fifth anniversary of blogging with a challenge. Her Celebrate Five challenge is to either make a 10-minute creation or a creation using a resist technique. Today I went with a emboss-resist technique because I had a bit of time to play. I'm hoping to play again with a 10-minute creation. I love those!

So here's my emboss-resist card:


I used three different Flourishes stamp sets to make this card: the medallion is from the Medallion Motif set, the trellis pattern on the paper medallions is from the Country Charm Borders set, and the sentiment is from the Life Lines set. I have to say that the pretty medallion from Medallion Motif is perfect for the emboss-resist technique. It really seems to bring out the details!

My colors come from this week's Play Date Cafe challenge:


A huge congratulations to Julie on five years of blogging! I always love seeing what she creates, and her work with Flourishes stamps is just outstanding.

Thanks so much for taking a peek at what made me happy today!
Emily

Stamps: Medallion Motif, Country Charm Borders, Life Lines from Flourishes
Paper: white, Melon Berry from Papertrey Ink; Marina Mist from Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Marina Mist from Stampin’ Up!; Onyx Black Versafine from Tsukineko; Versamark by Tsukineko; Water Lily Green Palette hybrid ink
Accessories: clear embossing powder, heat tool, sponge daubers, scoring board, We R Memory Keepers buttons, sewing machine
Techniques: heat embossing, emboss-resist

18 comments:

Jingle said...

Emily, this is beautiful!

Marisa said...

Love how you used the medallion and shaded it. The folded medallions are a fabulous touch. Well done!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love those medallions, and the sentiment is gorgeous :) Now I've got to go check out Julie's blog!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ooo, so beautiful! The bluesy colors remind me of the gorgeous waters of Mexico. You're right: the emboss resist totally brings out the detail in that fab Flourishes stamp.

Julie Koerber said...

oooOOoooooo... this is just too pretty and what a perfect stamp to use! Fabulous Emily! :-)

Lisa Elton said...

Emily this is amazing! Beautiful work my friend...love it!

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely stunning! Great colours - love the resist and the medallions!

Pam said...

Just lovely Emily! Gorgeous stamp and colors. Makes for a beautiful background!

Bonnie said...

Oooh, Emily! This is so pretty! It's definitely going in my CASE file!

yyam said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous Emily! :)

Stacy said...

Love your card, what a fabulous design. Love the rosettes and stitching. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Denise said...

Emily, this is GORGEOUS! I love the emboss resist technique and topping the medallions with rosettes is just perfection! Thanks so much for joining us in the Cafe - love your work!!

Benzi said...

Ooh, great minds....... I did an emboss resist and posted it today. Yours is beautiful with the Medallion.

Mirta Sanchez said...

I love that a simple technique can look so complicated and classy! Very nicely done, love your colors!

Kary said...

Wow, love your emboss resist, Emily!! It's absolutely gorgeous, and the paper medallions go perfectly with the stamp. Fabulous card!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! Those medallions are absolutely scrumptious, Emily! And I LOVE the way you've given them dimensional, buttoned centers! Yum! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Unknown said...

ANOTHER beauty!!! I love this!

~Tammy~ said...

Gorgeous! I have not used embossed resist in a long time! This came out so beautiful! Wow a stunner!