The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, June 8, 2012

Polka Dots for CAS-ual Fridays

This week DeNami Design is proud to sponsor the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge. The new theme? The Girl Fridays are calling it the "Sweet Spot," and it's all about polka dots.


Some of the DeNami DT gals are playing along with the challenge to show off our CAS polka dot creations featuring none other than DeNami stamps! I made two cards with the same design but different color schemes. I couldn't decide which I liked better, so I'll share them both!




I recently realized that I didn't have *any* "thinking of you" cards left in my stash. Because those are the most versatile (you can make them fit for get well, sympathy, birthday, tough times, anniversary), I made a note to make more really soon. And I love having one-layer cards in my stash, too. So easy to write in and mail! Those were the two main criteria that guided my creating, along with the polka dot requirement, of course. I used just two DeNami stamps (Medium Polka Dots and the "thinking of you" stamp from the All Occasion Sentiments set) and a single sheet of cardstock to make both one-layer cards. Well, and some ink, too!

This challenge runs through Thursday, June 14, until noon EDT. The prize is a $25 DeNami Design gift certificate! I hope you'll play along. Just remember to use polka dots and keep it clean and simple. :)

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you find a little slice of bliss somewhere in your day today, too.
Emily

Stamps: Medium Polka Dots background and All Occasion Sentiments set by DeNami Design
Cardstock: PTI white
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, Kaleidacolor Caribbean Sea spectrum ink pad, Versacolor Wild Berries spectrum ink pad

12 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

OOH! I don't know which one I like better either! Both colour combos are so perfect in their own way :)

yyam said...

Love the simplicity of these cards Emily! The colours are so striking on white! :)

nwilliams6 said...

Emz - these are wonderful! The dots add just the right element of fun and are sooooo cute! My DH would love these as they would be cheaper to mail as well - Boys are so crazy! LOL! Love them both. Hugz!!!

Pam said...

Perfect CAS cards! Love the color variation on both!

Angela said...

What's not to love about gradient polka dots?? I love both sets of colors, and yep, they're the perfect stash cards -- cute AND useful!

Benzi said...

OMG, this is super, Emily. I love those polka dots. We both used them today. I think there should be a National Polka Dot Day, don't you? :-)

Debbie Carriere said...

These are perfect! I need to build my stash of easily mailable cards! Great work :). Hope you are well! Busy here with school getting out Tuesday!, yikes - where did the year go?

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Oh, YUMMY! Your cards remind me of the candy dots my grandfather used to buy for me on the paper strips!!! Fabulous CAS design, EMily. :)

Marisa said...

I love polka dots so you know I'm loving these :)

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous cas cards Emily! Love the color gradient! One just can't have to many of these kinds of cards! Fab work!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yessss! I *knew* someone else had the same thought that I did, and it's Emily N. These dots remind me TOTALLY of the dot candy from my childhood. How fun, fun, fun!

Suzanne said...

I love Colleen's comment about the dot candy - EXACTLY right!!!! These are so fun!