The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, June 15, 2012

Fabric Flower Photo Tutorial

Happy Friday, everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that I have a brand-new photo tutorial debuting over on the DeNami Design blog today. In it I show how to make fabric flowers just like the one on this card:



I hope you'll swing by the DeNami blog to take a look. Have fun creating!
Emily

Stamps: Thoughtful Greetings stamp set, Medium Solid Filigree stamp, Polka Dot Background stamp from DeNami Design
Paper:  Sky Blue cardstock, Chocolate Brown cardstock from DeNami Design
Ink:  Vintage Sepia Versafine, Colorbox Frost White
Accessories: white EP, heat tool, fabric, 2” circle paper punch, Strong double-sided adhesive, Wax paper, scissors, button, embroidery floss, sewing machine

19 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous fabric flower Emily! Love the blues and browns together! I will be leaving an award for you on my blog in about an hour. Have a fabulous weekend!
Ellen

Pam said...

Your flower is a perfect embellishment on this card! Fun tutorial too, will have to try this one!!

Auntie Em said...

Beautiful card! I love your polka dotted posy. I will have to take a run over to check out your tutorial.
Enjoy your weekend! There seem to be fewer in the summer than the rest of the year for some reason! :D

Hussena said...

Beautiful card and flower and i am definitely checking out your tutorial in the Denami blog:)Thanks for sharing:):)

Sudha said...

Wow beautiful. Love the flower n the colors too.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Annette Allen said...

what a fun card...I love that fabric flower...

Benzi said...

You're a busy bee this week, Emily. Fab flower and love the button center.

Lisa Elton said...

Out of this world cuteness Emily! Love you handmade polka dot flower!

Marisa said...

Loving that big old flower, Emily, as well as that yummy colour combo. Great card.

Jessi Fogan said...

oooh! I think you might need to be the Flower Queen :) Can't wait to get my mitts on some fabric & try this out!

Marlena M. said...

I love this Emily! Your embellishment is superb. ;)

~Tammy~ said...

Aren't these fun to make?? I love it, and I like how you stamped on your material. Fun fun!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun is this- awesome card- love the fabric flower. Congrats on winning over at Julie Koerber's!!! I won too- Wahoo!!!

Tonya said...

Emily, I love this card. The colors are fabulous and I adore yoru sweet flower!

Kary said...

So very Gorgeous!! The flower is such a beauty!! Love the wonderful colour combo and of course your sewing too. {hugs}

nwilliams6 said...

I LOVE THIS! What a cool flower and the card has such a fresh and sweet feel to it. Amazing stuff you make Emz! Hugz!

nwilliams6 said...

I LOVE THIS! What a cool flower and the card has such a fresh and sweet feel to it. Amazing stuff you make Emz! Hugz!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I believe there was one similar to this on one of your CARDS magazine submissions that was published, right? The canvas one. I keep meaning to give this a try, and you've reminded me I need to get gettin'! Beautiful elegant card, BTW. :)

Unknown said...

Awesome Photo Tutorial Emily! So glad you shared this technique!