The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, June 11, 2012

10-Minute Thinking of You

Hi and Happy Monday, everybody! We're gearing up for the LAST week of school here. I just sent my third-grader off to school for his field day today. Ahhhhh, there's nothing like the smell of sunscreen first thing in the morning! (It's waterproof/sweatproof stuff, so I have a feeling the scent is going to be with me for several more handwashings today!) Hat? Check. Sunglasses? Check. Water bottle? Check. Awesome weather forecast? Check. I think he's all set for a super fun day. :D

It's been far too long since I've been able to play along with the Flourishes release week festivities. The DT will start revealing the new sets on Wednesday, and there's a pre-release challenge to play while we wait: Gimme Ten. The challenge is all about 10-minute creations. Boy, do I love quick and easy cards! So easy to jot a quick note in and pop in the mail without the hassle of bubble mailers or extra postage.

Here's my 10-minute creation for today:



Super easy! And making monochromatic cards is so much fun. I used three Flourishes stamp sets to make this card: A Year in Flowers Set 2, Calla Lilies, and Country Charm Labels.

I'm also entering this 10-minute creation over at Julie Koerber's Celebrate Five challenge.

I also enjoyed playing around some more with my sample pack of Bazzill Card Shoppe cardstock that I mentioned yesterday (click HERE for details). Today's card features Circus Peanuts (the lighter orange shade) and Candy Corn (the darker orange shade) cardstock. I do like the smooth surface of this cardstock--it takes ink very nicely. I also love having coordinating color shades within the same color family! Makes for effortless monochromatic projects. Anyway, I'll have more on Card Shoppe as the week goes on!

Thanks for stopping by to check out my 10-minute creation. I hope that wherever you are, today brings you your own little slice of bliss!
Emily

Stamps: A Year in Flowers Set 2, Calla Lilies, and Country Charm Labels by Flourishes
Paper: Circus Peanuts CS and Candy Corn CS from the Bazzill Card Shoppe collection; white CS from Papertrey Ink
Ink: Habanero Versafine, Vintage Sepia Versafine
Accessories: EK Success Dotted Scallop border punch, orange grosgrain ribbon, Corner Chomper

20 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

...and I see another new Follower there on your blog, Miss Emily!! So excited for ya!

Today is Game Day for my 10 YO, and she expects me to be there pretty soon. Hope your DS has a great time at his Field DAy!

Hooray for this beautiful 10 minute card. Love all the monochromatic-ness of it, and that tiger lily is such a pretty stamp, making a pretty background. :)

Pam said...

Another gorgeous card! And yes, perfect for mailing, no fussy lumps and bumps!! The cardstock colors are pretty, and I do love circus peanuts!! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Emily this is beautiful and a color I have a hard time working with. Thanks for playing in Flourisehs Gimme 10 challenge this week.
We had our field day last week and today is the first day of summer vacation for us. Did I sleep in? No up at 6 am. What is wrong with me? ha! Enjoy your day.

Marisa said...

Love the monochromatic card with the pop of white! Great CAS card and so glad to hear the weather is nice for the field trip - makes them all that much more fun :)

Lisa Elton said...

You make orange look so easy Emily! This is a tough color for me, but I LOVE it with the smidgen of white. Sounds like a fun day for your son ;)

Jessi Fogan said...

Yup, just the little bit of white makes it POP!Love the lily as a background, and the little scalloped layer is the perfect touch.
You'll definitely smell like sunscreen all day...why it also has to be soap-proof...sigh...lol!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have a fun day ahead. We are already out of school here in Las Vegas.. Your card looks amazing. Orange is such a tough color to work with but you rocked it my friend..

Hugs~

Benzi said...

Beautiful, bright, and so cheerful, Emily! Love the orange. Yea for a 10 minute card, too.

Unknown said...

I remember those field days! So much fun! Hope you son had a marvelous time!
Gorgeous 10-min card! Loving that color! ;o)

Anita said...

A beautiful card Emily and I love the orange. It's not a color I use very often but I love it!

~amy~ said...

Super gorgeous...really love the orange!!!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Wow, your kids are still in school? My daughter has been done for a month! Crazy. I love orange, which of course means I love your card! I can't believe you can make this card in 10 minutes--that's amazing!

yyam said...

Wow! Definitely a great use of those 10 minutes Emily! Just so eye-catching! :)

Kary said...

Wow, I love your 10min card, Emily!! This is so pretty - love the background and the sweet label & sentiment. Great job!! {hugs}

Bonnie said...

So pretty with the stamped background and framed sentiment! It may have been quick, but it looks like a million!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this great card!!! Love the colors and it would be a great CASE card for me.... : )

Julie Koerber said...

Ahhhhh! Orange is one of my favorite colors and this card just made me smile! What a fun combination of stamps and extras for a truly clean and classy card! Thanks for helping me celebrate! :-)

Unknown said...

This is stunning! So beautiful!

ChristineCreations said...

Love all that gorgeous rich orange Emily, and I love how you've combined these sets too! Really great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes!

Jackie Rockwell said...

The bright orange against the crisp white is very striking! Beautiful card!!!