The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wherever You Go

I needed a card for some friends who are moving away. I had such a hard time deciding what kind of sentiment to use. Goodbye? Farewell? We'll miss you? Thanks for sharing your lives with us? Wishing you all the best? Don't go? I kept waffling. Nothing seemed quite right. So I started cruising through my {ippity} and Unity stamps sets, which can always be counted on for insightful quotes and sayings. I knew I'd found my "it" quote as soon as I opened up my Quotes a'la HAPPY set from {ippity}. Then it all came together!


This is perfect! It's just what I wanted to say. And inside I can write something like "thanks for sharing your sunshine with us these last 8 1/2 years. Wishing you all the best!" Yup, couldn't have said it better myself.

I finally got to put my Bazzill Card Shoppe cardstock (see HERE for more) through my last tests for it: heat embossing and stitching. I give it high marks on both! I stamped the ric-rac element in red Versafine ink and then heat embossed it with red embossing powder. The cardstock did warp a bit from the heat, but nothing that couldn't be tamed with some edge stitching :). And I must admit that this cardstock holds up ever so nicely to machine stitching! The yummy colors I used on today's card are Peppermint, Banana Split, and Gumball. So fun! I can thoroughly recommend this new line of cardstock formulated specifically for card makers, and can't wait to give away a 56-sheet sample pack of it to one lucky My Little Slice of Bliss reader. Check back Thursday for my giveaway post!

I've been itching to play in a few challenges, but haven't had much time, so I crammed them all in here. This is for Chick Challenges #33, the new summer-themed Unity Challenge, the new "bright colors" {ippity} challenge, and Kim Kesti's Crafty Month challenge--to create a card that combines at least one new item and one item from your stash (at least one year old). My new item is my new Bazzill Card Shoppe cardstock, and my old items are the buttons and black crochet thread from my stash.


Thanks so much for sharing a little slice of bliss with me today! And don't forget--my giveaway starts on Thursday, June 21.
See you soon!
Emily

Stamps:  Quotes a'la HAPPY from {ippity}, Homemade 6-Bean Soup from Unity
Paper:  Peppermint, Banana Split, Gumball cardstock from Bazzill Card Shoppe collection; PTI white
Ink:  Versafine black and red, Colorbox Frost White, SU So Saffron
Accessories:  red EP, heat tool, foam tape, American Crafts button (yellow), We R Memory Keepers buttons (red, blue), black crochet thread, sewing machine
Techniques:  machine stitching, paper piecing, heat embossing

18 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Emily I love this...the stitching is perfect and what a fun color combo...

Marisa said...

Great sentiment and loving the bright colours. Darling touch with the buttons and stitching.

Fingers crossed for the work you have to get done! I"m beginning to twitch with the count down in sight LOL! Time to send them to a friends house a few days for playdates so you can crank the work out. I'm working for hubby right now so things are crazy busy and I"m having to stamp at night which isn't optimal, but I'll take it :) Hugs to you!!

Jessi Fogan said...

That is the perfect quote! Definitely an 'occasion' where you want to say everything. The stitching, the colours, that fun sun - everything is just awesome & cheerful for this 'goodbye for now' sort of card.

yyam said...

I love this Emily! The colours scream happy. So glad you found the perfect sentiment for your friends who are moving away. :)

nwilliams6 said...

Such a positive card! We all need to remember this - it is sooo true and more people should understand that attitude is all up to them! Love it!!! Cute buttons too. Hugz!!!

Jen W. said...

Fabulous sentiment choice. Don't you love that feeling when you find the perfect one? The colours here are awesome and that sunshine image rocks!

Pam said...

Very sweet, and perfect for your friends. Love the colors of the cardstock, and the buttons!

~amy~ said...

wonderful sentiment...love the colors and the black stitching!

Lisa Elton said...

What a perfectly happy summer card Emily! Love the colors and your perfect stitching!!

Bonnie said...

This is the perfect saying and card for someone who is moving away! I love the stitching!

~Tammy~ said...

I love this! The quote is perfect! I love your colors and how the sun pops off the page!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yes, you have turned me on to Unity/ippity! I like this sentiment, too, and it does seem very perfect for your friends who are moving. I know they'll treasure this card.

Joanne (jojot) said...

the stitching adds so much to this creation....a bright, happy card

JenMarie said...

LOVE this CUTEness!
Thanks for joining us at the Unity Opportunity Challenge!
~JenMarie Taylor, {ippity] Chick

Benzi said...

Got to be the perfect card for the movers...oh, I love that adorable sun and the buttons/twine finished it perfectly. Cute ric rac stamp, too.

Auntie Em said...

It's so difficult to lose good neighbours but your card with this sweet message is lovely and will send them off with a good thought. I am sure they will treasure it. I like the way you did the button trim to balance the sunshine and verse and the touches of black. Great design!

jennifer mitten said...

This is such a cheery, fabulous card! Love it!

Keith and Kim Kesti said...

Just the cutest thing! I am partial to the primary colors together. Adorable! - Kim