The stamps I used on this card are another sneak peek of the Mark's Finest Papers set Tweet Blessings, to be released in August. This set is not a holiday set, but the little flower elements remind me of poinsettias, so this was perfect for a couple of Christmas in July challenges I wanted to enter! Here's the scoop on challenges for this card:
- Color Throwdown #103: These just screamed Christmas to me! I had to sub from my collection of generic card stock for the red and river rock, but I think I got pretty close.
- Stamptacular Sunday #69: Christmas in July
- Tuesday Throwdown #10: Christmas in July
- Free for All #23 on SCS: Side-Swiped! To give some special attention or treatment along an entire side. I used a scallop edge border punch along the bottom and then dolled it up with lots of buttons :)
- EBTKS Challenge #20: to use buttons (preferrably buttons you found around the house!). The 14 buttons I used came from my rather extensive button collection. About half the buttons are vintage buttons that came from the button tin I inherited from my Gramma.
- Jazzy Paper Designs Challenge #11: card sketch based on this awesome jazz album cover.
Stamps: MFP Tweet Blessings
Paper: SU certainly celery CS, SU whisper white CS, various Paper Company CS, DCWV Christmas Mat Stack
Ink: Palette moulin rouge, SU certainly celery
Accessories: CM 1.25" square punch, SU curly label punch, SU scallop border punch, sewing machine, dimensionals, chipboard alphas from the Target Dollar Spot, assorted buttons from my stash
Techniques: machine stitching