The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Sunday, June 10, 2012

DeNami Cards for Guys Blog Hop

Welcome to the DeNami Design Cards for Guys Blog Hop! Today the DeNami Design Team and customers alike are showcasing some of those often-hard-to-create masculine cards made with DeNami stamps.

 
Hopefully, you've arrived here by way of Stacy M.'s blog, Sweethearts & Sweet Tarts. If so, you are on the right track! If not, you'll want to head over to the DeNami blog to start the blog hop at the beginning. (And remember, if you get lost along the way, you can always head over to the DeNami blog to get pointed in the right direction.)

Don't forget, there are delightful DeNami prizes to be won! Two luckies will be drawn at random from among the comments left along the blog hop to win a $20 DeNami Design gift certificate! You have until Monday, June 11, 2012, 11:59 pm PST, to leave comments on all the blogs to be eligible for a prize. 

Now, I don't know about you, but sometimes when I'm not sure how to approach a card for a guy, I just go with humor! Guys are always up for a laugh, right? And I'm sure most would take something funny over something mushy any day. So for my card for a guy today, I paired this punny You're a Hoot! stamp with the bespectacled owl from the Owls Petit Four stamp set. 


 
I chose some My Mind's Eye patterned paper in guy-ish colors to stitch down for the background of my card. I stamped the owl in Versafine Vintage Sepia ink on watercolor paper and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I watercolor painted that fun little owl with various dye inks to match the colors of the patterned paper. 

DeNami Design has a fabulous assortment of boy and masculine-themed stamps. Not familiar with them? Be sure to click HERE to see the entire collection!

Well, I'm sure you can't wait to see more guy-card inspiration! Before you leave, be sure to leave a comment to be eligible for the randomly drawn prizes and then you can be on your way to the next stop on the hop, the very sweet DeNami addict, Tina Milbourn, at her blog, A Timeless Treasure.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Enjoy the blog hop,
Emily

Stamps: You're a Hoot, Owls stamp set by DeNami Design
Paper: white byPapertrey Ink; Mudpie by Bazzill Basics; Baja Breeze by Stampin’ Up!; bubbles patterned paper from Fine and Dandy Boy collection by My Mind’s Eye; watercolor paper by Canson
Ink: Antique Linen distress ink by Ranger Industries; Baja Breeze, So Saffron, and Pumpkin Pie by Stampin’ Up!; Versafine Vintage Sepia by Tsukineko
Accessories: clear embossing powder by DeNami Design; brown buttons from my stash; brown burlap string by May Arts; wonky rectangles dies by Spellbinders
Techniques: machine stitching, heat embossing, watercolor painting

37 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Humor is definitely the best bet, just opened the new Paper Crafts mag-- congrats!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your Paper Crafts card... I was so excited to see your name/card!!
You made this guy them look so easy and GOOD. Love the overall design of this card --- all of the details are perfect!

Jessica said...

Adorable!! Love the sweet little owl and that fun paper! :)

Lisa Elton said...

WOW...just WOW!!! Love the shape of the label you've perched this little cutie on Emily and the colors are fantastic! GREAT card ;)

Cardcrafter said...

My husband and I love owls! And they are so wise, just like a father should be! Thanks for your card idea! I really like!

Jennifer said...

Emily -- this is so stinkin' cute!!! Love, love love it!!! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card and congrats on the pub!!!

Unknown said...

Ok. I love EVERYTHING about this card...the black stitching, the wonky frames and that patterned paper!!! Love. And any man would too! :)

Glenda J said...

This is fantastic! Love the patterned paper and the brown buttons. Great layout and adorable image.

Stacy said...

Okay so I am dying to know how you do the stitching so perfectly. Have you posted on this technique before? I just love it. And I love how you coordinated the color of the owl with the background pattern.

~Tammy~ said...

Awww this is adorable!!! Love it!

Hedgehog Reader said...

That background paper is perfect and I love your stitching! Darling card!

Unknown said...

the owl is adorable! Just too cute! What a fantastic card!

Heidi H said...

Adorable card! Love the stitching and patterned paper!

Ellen Taylor said...

Love all your stitching and your fab papers! Had to pop over and applaud your SCS tutorial! Brilliant recycling! TFS

Greta said...

Great design, Emily, & terrific coloring on the owl! Love this card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Emily! What a hoot ;)

Colleen Dietrich said...

That's very 'Moxie Fabbish' paper you've got there, Emily! So trendy and modern. Love the little owl and the cute sentiment to boot. :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh my gosh I love that owl and your paper selection! That looks awesome! Thanks so much!
Lisa

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this card! Great papers and stitching and love the buttons!

Annette Allen said...

How adorable...I love this card...great design and love your stitching...those added buttons are just perfect...

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Great stitching, and that DP is perfect for a manly card along with that adorable owl! ;o)

Kathy W said...

What a hoot!

jetsfan88 said...

That's something I say a lot. Love the paper. Thanks for sharing.

The Wolverina /// said...

Very nice, love the colors!

KathyW said...

Cute card. Love the colors and the shape used for the owls background, very cool!

Jessi Fogan said...

So, at the market, when someone's looking for a guy card, here's what I say:
I can do little boys, and old men, but for those in between all I've got is sarcasm.
So yep, it works :)
Love that little owl & the perfect twine bow! And those funky rectangles are awesome !!

Tina M said...

I'm with ya, Emily, when in doubt for a manly card, just go with humor! What a DARLING creation and fit for a manly man :)

Sue D said...

Very fun card--love the owl and sentiment and your stitching and paper.

Emily Leiphart said...

Absolutely adorable, Emily! I love the colours and the tall shape of the card.

Sheryl said...

Love these colors, and the owl is so adorable!

Benzi said...

Perfecto! Love that paper, fun image, and buttons. It's a great guy card, Emily.

Carol Hartery said...

I love everything about your card. We love all things "owl" and "turkey" in this house. Your cards always intrigue me.

Jocelyn Olson said...

Hee hee! The owl is terribly cute, Emiy! Love the patterned paper and the black stitching!

Kary said...

A wonderful card, Emily!! Love the cute owl and the gorgeous pattern paper. Your sewing is just perfect!

Andrea M said...

Hi Emily! This is a fabby guy card! That DP is AWESOME! It has such depth - it almost looks 3D!

Jackie Rockwell said...

I lOVE the stitching on this card as well! ADORABLE!