The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, June 4, 2012

Elegant Congratulations

Happy Monday! I'm so glad you've dropped by. Today a new monthly challenge starts up over on the DeNami Design blog, and it's a color challenge, chosen by our fabulous DT member Wendy.


Aren't these colors lovely and elegant? Perfect for a congratulations card for a wedding or anniversary. In fact, that's the direction I took with my sample card, and I can't wait to show it to you:


I interpreted that second color as "cream" for my card and incorporated it through the cream background of my patterned paper panel and the cream sheer ribbon flower embellishment I used.

I hope you'll try to play along with this fun DeNami color challenge! It will run through June 25, and the winner will get a $20 DeNami gift certificate! All you need to do is create a project using this color combo and at least one DeNami stamp, and you are in!

See you again soon!
Emily

Stamps: Small Congratulations and Polka Dot Background by DeNami Design
Cardstock: Charcoal by DeNami, PTI white, SU black
Patterned Paper: Black & Ivory Damask by Canvas Corp.
Accessories: DeNami's Classic Twine 3-pack, ivory ribbon flower by Offray, stickpin

14 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE this! The bloom & stick pin are so gorgeous & elegant, and the damask & multiple 'congrats' so eye-catching. Absolutely beautiful, Emily!

Pam said...

Very elegant indeed! Love your design and those colors!!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so elegant Emily! I love the patterned papers you used together and the flower and stick pin look are the perfect touch to finish off the twine. Beautiful work, as always!

Sounds like you are getting some cooler temps too. Certainly not very spring like. Oh well, enjoy your week! :)

Lynn McAuley said...

What beauty and elegance, Emily. Your card is simply divine!

Benzi said...

You're right...very elegant. I love that gorgeous flower and the colors are fab. It's a beauty, Emily.

Hedgehog Reader said...

So beautiful - love that floral touch - and that color palette truly is elegant, as is your card!

Bonnie said...

Super elegant card, Emily! That sheer ribbon flower is sooo pretty!

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Emily!!! Just love the elegant feel to it and the ribbon flower is gorgeous! You knocked this challenge out of the ballpark :)

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty and elegant Emily! Love your delicate flower and pretty patterns!

Colleen Dietrich said...

How completely elegant! The DeNami polka dots go so well wtih that damask paper. I love how classy your design is, Em.

Unknown said...

Emily, this is so elegant and regal! I love how you've combined the color story. I'm struggling with this challenge, but I'll let it sit for a few days and look at it again ;)

Lisa Arana said...

gorgeous... perfect patterns and that flower is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

So very elegant my friend. Love the design..

Unknown said...

These colors call for elegant and you definately delivered! Gorgeous card! ;o)