The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thanks a Bunch

Yup, I'm still cranking out the thank you cards for end-of-year stuff!!
I think those sweet little DeNami carrots, part of the adorable Veggies Petit Four set, are just the cutest. I know, you are probably scratching your head over their purpleness, right? My colors for this project were inspired by the current DeNami Design Color Challenge:
And I was bound and determined to use my Veggies! Oh, I suppose I could have gone with purple cabbage for a similar card, but I just wasn't prepared to settle for ho-hum. Especially when I could go for "WOW!" with healthful beauties like these:
Photo clipped from Sweet Additions

And besides, my "thanks a bunch" sentiment doesn't work nearly as well with cabbages. So, {purple} carrots it had to be!!

This is another card that I may have trouble parting with. I had such fun constructing my miniature scene!!

Thanks for taking a peek at what I've been up to here on Bliss Road!
Emily

Card Recipe:
Size: 4.25" x 4.25"
Stamps: carrot from Veggies Petit Four set by DeNami Design; sentiment from Flower Garden Sentiments by PaperTrey Ink
Paper: SU chocolate chip CS, MFP kraft CS, SU bashful blue textured CS, SU whisper white CS, patterned paper from the BasicGrey Basic Kraft collection
Ink: Versafine vintage sepia, Versafine onyx, Palette lavender sachet
Accessories: SU scallop border punch, MS picket fence border punch, 1" and 1.25" circle punches, precision tip scissors, Prismacolor pencils, purple baker's twine from The Twinery

28 comments:

Pam said...

What a fabulous design Emily!! And love the purple! Very clever how you made the garden rows, someone will surely love it!
Pam

~amy~ said...

Your creativity is absolutely wonderful Emily!

Lin said...

I LOVE this card - how creative you are! And the colors really pop, too! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Hedgehog Reader said...

What a darling card with those little purple carrots and the pretty picket fence! :o)

Lisa Elton said...

This is just way tooooo cute!!! Very clever and creative...nice job!

Carol Hurlock said...

Emily you never cease to amaze with your creativity. This is so clever and so very cute. I love those purple carrots. I don't know how appetizing they would be in real life-but they sure are pur-tee!!! lol Awesome card girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Just love the purple carrots!!!

Shirley NW

Marisa said...

Love it :) The picket fence is perfect to. Great card.

Anonymous said...

This is adorable.

lisa a.

Michele Gross said...

Looooove it!! What a fun card and such a playful and creative way to work the colors! Glad you played with us at DeNami Design!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Eeek! LOVE, LoVe, lOvE this! Oh, this is frameable for your kitchen, my friend! Such cleverness.

Tina M said...

I totally LOVE the purple carrots...that's just my style...why conform, right?? Very adorable card!

Auntie Em said...

So cute! I love the purple carrots and the sweet little scene. The purple twine is such a fun accent. Thanks for sharing! :)

Benzi said...

Emily, this is just super! I love that 'bunch' of purple carrots. Your little scene is just too cute and I see why you don't want to part with it. But, just think how happy the recipient will be!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

This has to be a winner, Emily! This card is amazing!! I've never seen purple carrots before but they sure look delicious!

Paulina said...

Words cannot say how much I LOVE this card, Emily! Purple carrots are so much prettier than orange ones. :) Love that you added the picket fence- it works so well on this card!

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami challenge!

suzARTe said...

Another great card Emily, the scene is just awesome

Anita said...

Awesome card. Love the dirt, sky and little fences. Purple carrots look lovely to me!

Andrea M said...

oooooo Emily!!! This is AMAZING!!! I love, love, love this! Purple carrots! Too awesome! Love your garden scene! What a wonderful take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with DeNami Design!

Jessi Fogan said...

What a fantastic scene! I really love the whole darn thing :) And we get purple beans, and purple potatoes, but never purple carrots...and now I want some. How funny would the kids look getting those on a plate? lol

CG said...

WOW, this blows me away! I must scraplift this idea...maybe many multi-colored carrots?! Love it!

Unknown said...

Great way to use the colors. Never would of thought of purple carrots, but it works. ;D

Greta said...

Adorable card!

Sheryl said...

Those scallops are amazing! Feels like you could just pluck those veggies out of the dirt. tfs!

ChristineCreations said...

Just adorable! I love the purple carrots! Sweet design Emily!

Lisa Petrella said...

What an adorable scene you've created here, Emily!!! I've never seen purple carrots before so thanks for sharing your inspiration photo!!! I'd love to try those sometime! Love that picket fence too---such a perfect detail!!! Thanks for playing along with the DeNami Design Color Challenge!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

CONGRATS!!!!!

N Blackburn said...

Hi Emily, glad I found your purple carrots :) and thanks for your sweet comment at my site!