The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Thursday, June 16, 2011

StampinB Border Punch Challenge

Welcome to a new Thursday! We are in the home stretch now: after today, my kids have just 3 more full days and one half day of school and then SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER!! I'm not sure who is more excited about that: them or me. I'm SO looking forward to sleeping in, not having to pack lunches, no after-school activities, no monitoring homework progress. And I'm also looking forward to being able to do fun stuff with my kids!! With no school to get in the way, we can go on picnics, take hikes, craft, explore, play games, learn new stuff. The possibilities are endless!

BUT, we aren't there quite yet and I'm still cranking out the year-end thank yous. This week Vicki Dutcher is challenging us to use a border punch, so I broke out one of my favorite border punches (Martha Steward Modern Garland) and a detailed fleur de lis stamp to make a thank-you card for my son's Cub Scout den leader. (Incidentally, the fleur de lis is the symbol of the Boy Scouts of America and, thus, perfect for a scout leader! And the Cub Scout colors are blue and gold.)
My layout was inspired by the Splitcoast CAS challenge for this week, which is a sketch incorporating a 3 x 3 grid.

Well, thanks for checking out my little slice of bliss for today. If you'd like to try your hand at this week's Stampin' B's Challenge, post your project on your blog or SCS gallery, and link it up to the Inlinkz tool on the Stampin' B's blog. We'd love to see what you create!! :)

See you soon!
Emily

Card Recipe:
Stamps: SU Perfect Punches
Paper: snow storm CS; DCWV textured CS, SU night of navy CS
Ink:
SU night of navy, Palette sunflower
Accessories: MS modern garland border punch, SU scalloped oval punch, SU small oval punch, scoring tool, dimensionals, twine

18 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a classy card Emily! Love the punched ornate border!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is wonderful Emzi. I love the color combination and the layout. What a fun challenge to use a punch! So pretty!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Pam said...

Love the blue and gold together, and cool that the fleur de lis is the symbol of the cub scouts! Makes a perfect card for the leader!!
Pam

~amy~ said...

Such a wonderful card Emily...love the colors and the border punching!

Erin said...

I must try that scor pal grid! You have such talent to have each of your cards tell a story with the details... ah-mazing!

Marisa said...

No much of a challenge for a punchie LOL! I still adore this border and have to pull mine out again. Love the scored lines and the fleur de lis. Great card!

I'm with you re: enjoying the slower schedule and having my kids all to myself. I'm taking as much time as I can before they become teens and hanging out with mommy isn't "cool" LOL! Only thing I miss is some extra crafting time, but now that they are older I'm hoping I can get more done card making done this summer.

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a great layout, and the Boy Scout colors look so well, regal, here (as in the name of the stamp set!). Good job, Mama Scout!

pam124 said...

Wow Emily, your border punching is amazing. Your colors really pop and I love the twine you used and how perfect for a scout card!! You really got it going Emily!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great masculine card~

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

The punched border top and bottom is wonderful! Great colors!!

Lois said...

I really like the scoring on this, Emily!

Anita said...

This is a beautiful card Emily. Sounds like you're going to have a really fun summer :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the colors you used- very pretty card! Love the twine accent- and the punch is perfect!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the score lines & the alternating colours...perfect masculine card!
I can't wait to stop packing lunches. We'll still be getting up early most days, but at least there won't be quite the same rush out the door. Six more full days here, then back on the 30th for report cards. Talk about dragging it out to the last second! lol

Benzi said...

Love this for the Cub Scouts...just perfect. Super design!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Isn't this positively regal...love the colors, design....everything!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is incredible, Emily! I love the scored grid and the colours you used for hte fleur de lis. The colours make this card so striking!

Unknown said...

I love the colors of your card ... the blue background makes your design POP!! TYFS! ;D