The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Exciting News!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!


I have some exciting news to share: I am a Guest Designer for the Tuesday Throwdown challenge for the month of June!! I was beside-myself-thrilled when Kim Sherrod, the challenge organizer, contacted me earlier in the spring to see if I'd like to take a GD turn. Completely flattered, I said, "Of course!!"


So today is my first Tuesday Throwdown as Guest Designer. Let's get down to business, shall we?

This week's challenge is to use an animal image. This week's sponsor is Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More, a division of I Did It Creations, created and owned by Robyn Weinrib. Robyn offers a wonderful variety of digital stamps and digital papers, designed to meet the needs of all digital paper crafting addicts for every occasion.

Robyn generously supplied each of the Tuesday Throwdown designers with digi stamp of our choice. I chose this delightful A Little Birdie Told Me digital image.

I've been having fun playing with digital images and elements over the past year. Previously I've printed black and white digis and colored them with colored pencils, odorless mineral spirits, and a paper blending stump. This time I wanted to do a little something different and tried my hand at coloring this Robyn's Fetish image digitally using The GIMP. It took some trial and error, but this is what I ended up with:

Not only does this card feature a digital image that was colored digitally, it incorporates some digital Cosmo Cricket papers and scrapbook elements from their Wanted collection as well! Yup, I went whole-hog digital with this one, using
Microsoft Publisher to lay out the whole card, just to see how it would turn out. I'm pretty pleased with the results!

I hope you'll consider playing along with the Tuesday Throwdown animal image challenge this week. The randomly selected winner will get to bring home some free digis from Robyn's Fetish!

Thanks for dropping by to check out my little slice of bliss!
See you soon,
Emily

Card Recipe:
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip
Digital Image: A Little Birdie Told Me from Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps and More
Digital Papers and Embellishments: Cosmo Cricket Wanted Collection digital papers
Font: CK Brownie from www.creatingkeepsakes.com
Tools: SU large oval punch, SU scalloped oval punch
Accessories: scissors, foam tape, buttons from my stash, embroidery floss, sheer ribbon
Technique: digital papers, digital layout, digi stamp, fussy cutting

12 comments:

Meg said...

Wow, congratulations, Emily! I can't wait to see all of your creations. I'm loving this little birdie--I love the vaguely retro-themed color scheme paired with all digital. Best of both worlds!

Anita said...

Emily, congratulations on being selected as a GD. You will do a wonderful job for them. I love this card. I think that bird image is adorable.

Jessi Fogan said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations, Emily :) Way to go, stretching your comfort with digital elements...brave girl! I love all the Wanted papers you've been using. I haven't cut into mine yet, but you've been sparking some great ideas :)

Pam said...

Congrats Emily on being a guest DT!! Fabulous job with the digital images, the card looks awesome!!
Pam

Lauren said...

We are so happy to have you as our guest designer this month! Your card is adorable! I love the bold colors of the image!

~amy~ said...

Congrats!!!!!! Your card is simply a-dorable!

Davi said...

Hi Emily welcome to our Team this month! Love your card. The beautiful punched edges are so pretty with the image:)

Anonymous said...

So happy for you on your Guest DT spot, Emily, and looking forward to being inspired by you throughout the month! This is a wonderful card -- so great that you went all out on the digital techniques -- how fun! Love the colors you chose, and those beautiful punched edges!

Emily Leiphart said...

Yay, congratulations on your guest design spot, Emily! How cute is that bird? I love how the woodgrain patterns tie in with the tree stump and the ribbon finishes the card so nicely!

Benzi said...

Congrats on your new term as Guest Designer. Your card is adorable and so high tech...fun, fun!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Congratulations Emily! I am SUPER psyched for you! I can't wait to see what you create for us every Tuesday! This little birdie card is adorable!
~Meredith

Kim said...

This is beautiful. I love your digi papers and the border is so pretty.