The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, June 13, 2011

Berry Notes for Mrs. Berry

I was hoping to make a little thank-you gift for my son's second grade teacher to go along with the card we made for her, but I didn't think I'd have time and made sure I had a Staples gift card at the ready. Last Friday morning I found a few bonus hours (woohoo!) and decided to play along with several of the Flourishes Release Week challenges. These were just what I needed to put together a sweet little set of note cards designed just for Mrs. Berry, who likes to sign her notes to the kids as "Mrs." followed by a sketched strawberry!

My first card was inspired by a red, white, and blue challenge. (The "from Mrs." portion was computer generated.)
My second card was inspired by a color challenge to use light, medium, and dark pinks.
And finally, my third card was created for a sketch challenge. The berries were watercolor painted, and the leaves/stems were colored with Prismacolor pencils.
Clean and simple? Yes. Quick and easy? Yes. But with a set of strawberry decorated envelopes and some spiffy packaging (see below), I think this will make a nice gift that will hopefully let Mrs. Berry know how much we appreciated all of her wonderful work this past year. :)



That snazzy label and sentiment on the bag topper came from the Timeless Tags set by The Craft's Meow. This is one of five sets that I won last week in The Craft's Meow June release blog hop. Awesome sets! I can't wait to play with them some more. I know for certain that this Timeless Tags set will be a go-to set for me. Just the kind of thing I needed!

Thanks for dropping by today!
Emily

Card #1:
Stamps: Flourishes Strawberries, Flourishes Taglines
Paper: MFP snow storm CS
Ink: SU pacific point, Palette l'amore red
Accessories: scoring tool
Techniques: one-layer card, scoring

Card #2:
Stamps: Flourishes Strawberries, Flourishes Taglines
Paper: MFP snow storm CS, SU pink pirouette, SU pretty in pink
Ink: SU melon mambo
Accessories: MS topiary corner and border punches, foam tape, Pink Sorbet baker's twine from The Twinery

Card #3:
Stamps: Flourishes Strawberries, Flourishes Taglines
Paper: MFP snow storm CS, SU wild wasabi CS, Canson watercolor paper, BasicGrey Nook & Pantry DP
Ink: Versafine onyx
Accessories: watercolor brushes, Prismacolor pencils, foam tape, white grosgrain ribbon, Prima flowers, brad
Techniques: watercolor painting

Bag Topper:
Stamps: Timeless Tags by The Craft's Meow; Love in Return (dots pattern on berry) by {ippity}
Paper: red, white CS by The Paper Company, SU pretty in pink CS, SU wild wasabi CS, SU whisper white CS
Ink: ColorBox frost white, Palette l'amore red, Versafine onyx
Accessories: SU wide heart punch, SU two-step bird punch, Marvy LePlume II marker for pen stitching, rhinestones
Techniques: pen stitching

13 comments:

Erin said...

ahhh How darling Emily!!! Mrs. Berry will love these!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh these are fabulous, love the scored lines on the first card.

Meg said...

Oh, wow, the cards just kept getting better and better as I scrolled down your post, Emily (although I think the middle monochromatic one is my favorite). I know Mrs Berry will just LOVE these! I like that timeless tag stamp you used, too, going to have to go check them out.

Colleen Dietrich said...

OH, these are all so wonderful, Emily! You must've had berry much fun making these. My fave: the red stamping on pink, with decorative punching. Love it!

Marisa said...

Great set of cards! She'll love using them I"m sure!

Anita said...

Beautiful CAS cards Emily and they make a wonderful gift set.

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Emily! Mrs. Berry is going to be blown away! How FAB that she has a name you can customize her gift set with! LOVE all the different styles and techniques and colors you used!

Unknown said...

So talented my friend.. These are such yummy creations.. I just love all of them..

Mary Marsh said...

emily-I have always loved the gift sets you put together-I remember some that you made for your sister (I think) years ago and posted thme in stages on scs-that's how I became acquainted with your gorgeous work-I am sure mrs. berry loved the cards and also your thoughtfulness

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi Emily! I'm loving all this sweet strawberry goodness! YUMMO!!! And the tag looks awesome on your bag topper. Bravo! And Thank you!!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Jessi Fogan said...

How cute! I love that she signs her name with a berry :) She'll love these for sure. Neat to see so many different looks with the same set - I love that versatility :)

Benzi said...

How great these are for Mrs. Berry and I'm betting she will delight in each one. Super work, Emily!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

These are AMAZING, Emily, and such a fabulous gift for Mrs. Berry!