The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, June 17, 2011

Friends with Flair: Father's Day Pillow Box

Today I'm sharing a project I made for Unity's Friends with Flair blog hop. Anyone with a project made with Unity stamps can join in! You can find details, prize information, and a full list of players on the Unity Stamp Company blog.

I'm still having fun with my new {ippity} by Unity stamp set called The Best, purchased with my recently won $20 {ippity} gift certificate and delivered with lightning speed by {ippity} chick Noelle Reese. I wanted a little treat to mail off to my dad with his Father's Day card, and this set was perfect for decorating a quick and easy little pillow box for him. I filled it with his fave candy bars--Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate, which I was thrilled to discover are now being sold in Pack-A-Snack size. Perfect!!
A pillow box cutting file from The Cutting Cafe made this treat box project quick and easy, and a sheet of patterned paper from BasicGrey's Wander collection kept it fun yet masculine.

I'm entering this project
in the {ippity} challenge to make anything but a card, as well as the All Things Unity challenge to Get Manly.

Thanks for checking out my little slice of bliss today. Making the perfect treat for someone special definitely makes me happy!
Emily
Card Recipe:
Stamps: The Best by {ippity}
Paper: MFP natural vanilla bean CS, BasicGrey Wander collection DP, SU scraps: wild wasabi, so saffron, cherry cobbler
Ink: Versafine onyx, Palette l'amore red
Accessories: scissors, gold eyelets, Crop-A-Dile, SU 1" circle punch, hemp twine, pillow box cutting file from The Cutting Cafe

24 comments:

Pam said...

Love the banner you made on this package! Great use of those fab stamps!!
Pam

~amy~ said...

excellent...love the little giftie packaging!

Jingle said...

This is really cute! The more I see of this set, the more I want it!

Erin said...

Perfect for both challenges! I really need to get that stamp set...

Benzi said...

Emily, what a fabulous pillow box and wonderful chocolate to go along. Your Dad will love you even more for it.
That looks like a super stamp set!

Laura Tee said...

This is fab! I'm sure your Dad will love receiving it. :)

Crystal said...

Love the banners, very creative!

Shauna K said...

what a great pillow box! the banner is so super fab :D

Kary said...

Hi Emily, what a sweet gift for your dad. Love the pillow box. Great design!! Good luck with the challenges!

sharon g said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the banners!!!

Ruby said...

Love this project and banners.

Rona said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Wonderful shape! And I love the brick wall background with the banners! So lovely!
Hugs, Wendy

Tenia Nelson said...

How cool is this!!! tfs!!

Anne Tussing said...

Great pillow box! I love your banner! The eyelets on the flag are great!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Emily, this is a neat project to fill with candy, and those banners look like lots of fun to play with. Congrats again on that win!

jennifer mitten said...

Whow, this is fabulous!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what fabbo masculine packaging

Leslie Miller said...

Too darn cute, Emily! I love how you made the banner. I can't believe I've never seen the BasicGrey Wander collection, but I sure do like the looks of it. Your Dad will be so pleased with his treat!

Carol Hurlock said...

How cute. What a great idea for a gift presentation. Your design is very pretty.

Jennine Chambers said...

What a great idea!

Emily Leiphart said...

How very sweet! Pun intended. Love the papers and stamps you used, Emily!

Noelle Reese said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! The banners are fantastic! I'll bet your Dad was super happy! :) Thanks so much for linking me! :)

Sara Henton said...

What a great take on the challenge again. Thanks for playing with us at All Things Unity!!