The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Go Bucks! for Tuesday Throwdown

Greetings, folks, and happy first day of summer! This is my third week posting as June Guest Designer for the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. This week's challenge is Masculine Cards, and our sponsor is Dude Time Doodles, a Bonibleaux Designs company.

About Dude Time Doodles

Dude Time Doodles carries all of your crazy "Dude" card needs. We work exclusively with the artists at Bonibleaux Designs to bring you guy images and ideas for those hard to make cards for the "Dudes" in your life. Guys aren't about flowers and fluff. Guys are our heroes, our fighters, our beer chuggers and bug squashers.

Dude Time Doodles and Bonibleaux Designs have paired together to bring you Manly Man cards and gift ideas. We'll throw the gals an occasional froufrou image but we are really all about the "Dudes" here.


Boni of Dude Time Doodles generously supplied each TT DT member with a digital image of our choice. I was drawn to the Youth Football digi stamp (it reminded me of Schoolhouse Rock so much! Maybe the "Interjection" episode??), and Boni threw in this fun coordinating Football digi, too.

I'm originally from Ohio (yup, that makes me a Buckeye). My sister and her family still live in O-H-I-O and are HUGE Ohio State Buckeyes fans. They often have season tickets to OSU football games and try to go to season-ending Bowl games if possible. Yes, Buckeye-mania reigns at their house (the rec room is completely decorated in OSU colors and with tons of OSU memorabilia). So I colored my youth football dude in OSU colors and decided this card would be perfect for either my brother-in-law or 11YO nephew. :)
Thanks for dropping in to take a peek at my masculine card for this week's Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you'll play along this week for a fun prize from Dude Time Doodles!

Until next time,
Emily

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Youth Football and Football digi stamps from Dude Time Doodles; sentiment from Enjoy the Ride by Flourishes
Paper: CS from The Paper Company; Miss Elizabeth's DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, paper blending stump, foam tape, brads

Techniques: Gamsol magic

23 comments:

Marisa said...

Love it LOL! Way to put the yardage on the card too :) I'm sure they'll love it!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card- I can CASE you! My daughter just started Grad school-today....I think that means she gets better seats in the stadium, doesn't it??? We will get to attend graduation again next June.....

Jessi Fogan said...

I've never heard of this company before, but with all boys you'd better bet I have to go check it out. I love how you used the football for the sentiment, and the field is awesome :)

Pam said...

Love the OSU card! What a fun digi image! I could give you a whole page of OSU fans! :)
Pam

Anne Temple said...

Great looking card and that background paper looks like it was made for this image. I like how you put the sentiment on the football too.

Joan V said...

Love the card, Emily.

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous image! Love the football field background. Maybe the card should be framed and become part of the decor in the rec room? :-)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

OMGOsh! I LOVE this card, Em! We are HUGE Buckeye fans (I went to Ohio State until my daddy made me come home and transfer to Miami!) Even amidst all of the scandal, I am a true blue fan! O-H-I-O! Go Bucks!

Cleota said...

I'm loving the simplicity of this card with Youth Football! Great job. I've posted a link to your blog on the Dude Time Doodles Facebook page - be sure to check it out!!

Cleota
DTD Dudette

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great masculine card emily-love the image and you had the perfect dp-we are big penn state fans-both my sons went to school there-but no psu decorations in my house-so I guess its not mania (lol)!!

Benzi said...

Go Team! What a cool card and I love the football that says dream big. I'm sure football players have many HUGE dreams. Too bad they can't ALL come true.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I just love that digi.. I am still smiling.. You did a great job coloring it my friend.. Your card looks wonderful.. As ussual..

Hugs, Linda

Bonnie said...

This is so cool! What a great stamp for any football fan! I've got to tell you that everytime I see your smiling face it makes me want to sit down and giggle with you. You look like you're up to something really fun!

Davi said...

Emily Great guy card. That image is the cutest and I like it cut out! :)

Crafty Math Chick said...

It DOES remind me of Schoolhouse Rock Emily! Love the felted look of the 'green' - fabby layout too!
~Meredith

Joanne (jojot) said...

absolutely adorable image.....great masculine card

Alice said...

so cool! fab card!

Anita said...

Emily, this card is fabulous! There are soooo many OSU fans around here and tons of people that decorate their homes and yards with OSU items :)

Dawn B. said...

Oh do I love this. We are U of Illinois fans and the Buckeyes always beat us. Great paper.

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is neat! And yes, that image does remind me of Schoolhouse Rock too! Your sis and her family should LOVE what you've done for your nephew. (I hope she does;)

suzARTe said...

Wow this is an awesome guy card. I am always in awe of anyone who can do guy cards well :)

farmhouse-story said...

this is too cute, emily--love it:)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is a fantastic masculine card, Emily! I know nothing about football but I love your card!