The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Thursday, June 30, 2011

All-New Stampin' B's DT Challenge!

What happened to June?!? I swear, we just started this month, and here we are ending it already. Yikes! Time flies when you're having fun!! Or when you are super busy with end-of-school-year activities and lots of otherwise-too-hard-to-schedule doctor/dentist/orthodontist appointments. Yup, you read that right--orthodontist. Our 12YO daughter just started orthodontic treatment and her braces were installed(??? applied? riveted on?) on Monday. We have many recurring adjustment appointments in our future!

Well, today's card is courtesy the latest Stampin' B's DT challenge, this week provided by Faith. Her challenge to anyone wishing to accept it is to use two different dies and piercing on your project. Can you dig it? Here's how I tackled it:
Today I'm using two new June release stamp sets that I won from The Craft's Meow: Celebrating You and Timeless Tags. Love that solid-image fuchsia. It's perfect for paper piecing! I went with the traditional fuchsia colors, which immediately made the BasicGrey Green at Heart collection pop into my head. And thus, my color and paper choices were sealed. :)

My two different dies? (Well, if you've followed my blog for a while, you already know that I don't "do" die-cutting/embossing machine-y kinds of stuff. I do what I can with my paper punches and just boogie on down the road.) So my "dies," by which I mean punches, of course, are the 2.5" circle and the 3" scalloped circle. And I'm pretty sure you can spy my piercing. I just love how the fuchsia image's lines are all kind of dotty--a perfect tie-in with my piercing. And edge stitching, for that matter!

I thought I'd also throw this little ditty into the mix over at Moxie Fab World for the Stamp It! Cards Week Challenge--to create a card in which stamping is the predominant element. Check!

Well, th-th-th-that's all, folks! Thanks for dropping by today. If you'd like to try your hand at this week's Stampin' B's Challenge, post your project on your blog or SCS gallery, and link it up to the Inlinkz tool on the Stampin' B's blog. We'd love to see what you create!! :)

See you soon!
Emily

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Celebrating You and Timeless Tags, both from The Craft's Meow
Paper: SU whisper white CS, SU razzleberry textured CS, hot pink CS from The Paper Company, BasicGrey Green at Heart DP
Ink:
SU melon mambo, Palette chartreuse, Palette bourdeaux
Accessories: EK Success 3" scallop circle punch, SU 2.5" circle punch, sponge dauber, foam tape, sewing machine, rhinestones, hot pink twill tape
Techniques: paper piecing, sponging, machine stitching, paper piercing

24 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great job, love the stitching and bling and way to put your new stamps to work right away.

Marisa said...

Love fuchsias and this one takes center stage wonderfully :) Wavy stitching is a great touch. Well done!

Lois said...

Your stitching around the edges looks really good, Emily! And I love the colors you chose for your flower.

Pam said...

Love the colors you used, and these are great stamps! Hope July slows itself down for you!!
Pam

~amy~ said...

Love love love your card Emily...way to showcase The Craft's Meow stamps....

Marlena M. said...

This is wonderful...love those colors and piercing! ;) Welcome to the world of braces! I have two girls in them, and we have made many "in-between" appointments...some that came about 1 hour after a scheduled appt. I am soooo not kidding. ;) The main thing, is communication. I tell the the girls to let me know in the day, when we need to drop in and see the orthodontist...not at midnight! ;) I pray it goes well for you! It's so worth it-though, that's for sure! ;)

Benzi said...

Your fuchsia is gorgeous..great paper piecing and piercing. Your stitching is always lovely. Th th th that's it. You are too funny!

Michelle said...

a sweet and wonderful card! TFS!

Unknown said...

This looks wonderful.. I just love the fun stitching..

Hugs, Linda

Lea L. said...

Gorgeous! Loving the rich and bold colors you've used!!

pam124 said...

Emily, what a nice and unique card this week. Love your colors, the wonderful image, sentiment matting and, of course, your stitching. Great work on the piercing of the circular mat too. Wonderful work my friend!

farmhouse-story said...

just beautiful, emily:) love your stitching and colors on this one!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous card! I adore the solid flower image -- just excellent

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Emily! Love the whimsical stitching!

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow, that flower is so pretty. Your papers compliment it to perfection. Beautifully done.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Anita said...

This is so pretty Emily! Love the colors and that stitching looks great.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so gorgeous, Emily! I love the colours and your whimsical stitching is as perfect as can be! I agree with you that June really flew by. Enjoy your holiday weekend!!

Dawn B. said...

This turns out great. I think it is great you don't have all the dies and machine. Takes up room and money. Your card turned out great . Love and have this paper too.

Court said...

Very pretty colors! I love the paper piecing too!

Thank you so much for leaving me such a sweet comment over at the My Mind's Eye blog! I'm so tickled pink by the warm welcome!

Court said...

p.s. LOVE that you wrote "from a fellow redhead!" :)

Heather Innusa said...

What a fabulous card!! The colors are beautiful & the stitching really completes it!

Joanne (jojot) said...

in my humble opinion, punches do create die cuts......really see no difference...so boogie on, gf....

I just love your choice of dp to be the backdrop for this very lovely fuschia...wow

suzARTe said...

Another lovely card Emily. I love the colours you have used and the stitching looks awesome.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Emily! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)