The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, June 6, 2011

Red, White, and Blue Thank You

Still working on those thank-you gifts and cards. I needed one more small giftie for my kids' gymnastics coaches. All three coaches are teenage boys, so I figured what better way to say thank you for their hard work this year than with chocolate bars? I've already put aside these two bars for them, and added this one to the collection today:
I used the Flourishes Tag Lines set to stamp the sentiment for the little red, white, and blue tag. After wrapping a milk chocolate caramel bar with some patriotic patterned paper, I tied on my tag with red and white baker's twine. Done!! A quick and easy gift. :)

I'm playing along with the June Flourishes Release Week Challenge, the Star-Spangled Challenge, which is to let your patriotism shine and use red, white, and blue if you hail from the United States {check!}.

Thanks for dropping by!
Emily

Recipe:
Stamps: Flourishes Tag Lines
Paper: MFP kraft CS, SU cherry cobbler CS, MFP snow storm CS, DP from the Target Dollar Spot
Ink: SU night of navy
Accessories: SU tag corner punch, SU oval/scallop oval punches, white eyelet, Crop-A-Dile, foam tape, red/white baker’s twine, chocolate bar

14 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Awwww... Emily this is TOO CUTE! What a fun and easy way to share your patriotic spirit! LOVE it! Might have to steal your idea as a little gift for my kiddos! Hope all is well! :-)

Benzi said...

Emily, surely there is not a teen-age boy alive who doesn't like chocolate....and caramel(my favorite. Love how you used this for your red, white, and blue challenge. We are side by side over at this Flourishes challenge...boldly showing our patriotism.

Erin said...

Perfect idea for teen boys! Not to mention super cute!!!

Marisa said...

Fabulously done, Emily! Love the stars and stripes :) I see you chose your new picture too. Love that big smile :)

~amy~ said...

Fabbie giftie!! Chocolate is always good!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great gift for teenage boys! Great tag and love the color theme.

Unknown said...

Not only is the a perfect gift.. I see you have that wonderful photo up!! I love it!!!

Dawn B. said...

Emily this is fabulous. It is a great idea to have something like this for teen boys.. My boy loves chocolate.. Great job.

Jessi Fogan said...

You jumped in & changed your picture! Looks gorgeous :)
What a great idea for a thank-you - I mean, teenage boys pretty much only eat and sleep, right?

ChristineCreations said...

What a great idea for teenage guy coaches! Such perfect paper and I love how you've used the Tag lines too! Very cute Emily!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is a great idea, I like the candy bar wrappers. Great job. So glad you could play in Flourishes Star Spangled Banner Challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, perfect! It's got that cool masculine look, and they've got to love the chocolate! The Star Spangled Challenge worked out great for this project!

Emily Leiphart said...

I think professionally wrapped candy makes it taste even better! This is perfect packaging, Emily!

Crafty Math Chick said...

More yummy patriotic chocolate bars - Love 'em!
~Meredith