The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Thursday, June 23, 2011

StampinB Friendship Sentiments

I know that summer *officially* arrived on the 21st, but today our summer finally begins! Yesterday was my kids' last day of school for the 2010/2011 school year. Woo-hoo! We are ready for a fun summer. :)

And because it's Thursday, the Stampin' B's DT has a new challenge for you. This week, Joanne is our hostess, and she is challenging us to use a friendship sentiment. Done!
I was going for a freshly-laundered-linens-hanging-on-a-clothesline kind of feel here--you know, summery and clean and simple. My friendship sentiment is all summer-fresh, too: "Plant seeds of kindness and your garden of friends will grow!" Cute, right? The flowers were reverse-masked using the negatives left from a SU Boho Blossoms punch.

I'm playing along with Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #20 to use reverse masking (along with at least one PTI product, of course!). I'm also playing along with Clear It Out Tuesday's clean and simple challenge.

Well, thanks for checking out my little slice of bliss for today. If you'd like to try your hand at this week's Stampin' B's Challenge, post your project on your blog or SCS gallery, and link it up to the Inlinkz tool on the Stampin' B's blog. We'd love to see what you create!! :)

See you soon!
Emily

Card Recipe:
Stamps: PTI Blooming Button Bits (flower stems) and PTI Flower Garden Sentiments
Paper: MFP snow storm CS
Ink:
SU dye inks: wild wasabi, pretty in pink, so saffron, tangerine tango
Accessories: SU boho blossoms punch, sponge daubers, rhinestones, Peapod baker's twine from The Twinery, silver daisy charm from Stamp and Create
Techniques: reverse masking

22 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great job, love the bit of bling in the flowers.

Pam said...

Great CAS card, love the charm on the twine!!
Pam

Benzi said...

Love your clean and simple card, Emily. It is a breath of fresh air with those sweet flowers and white space all around. Like your charm, too.

~amy~ said...

Such a sweet card...love the blooms and the twine!

Bonnie said...

This is a great CAS card, Emily! I love the reverse masking. It gives such a soft look.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like your description about a freshly laundered line...really fit the bill here! I love that you reverse masked those Boho Blossoms. Very pretty!

suzARTe said...

Emily this would have to be one of my favorite cards of yours, it's just gorgeous. I love the simplicity and sentiment.

Crafty Math Chick said...

Simple & pretty Emily! Congratulations - you won something today, prize #2, shoot, I forget what blog or challenge that was for... you probably know, LOL, congratulations my friend!
~Meredith

Unknown said...

oh this is a great CAS card, love it
thanks for joining us at Clear it Out

Marisa said...

Great CAS card, Emily! Love the flowers and you have reverse masked them wonderfully well. Great touch with the twine and charm. I can definitely feel summer :)

pam124 said...

Emily, this is so adorable. The simplicity lends to the overall effect of this wonderful friendship card. The sentiment is awesome, love the little blinged flowers and your baker's twine and charm are a favorite of mine. I keep forgetting to use charms! Hugs!

Cyndie said...

Such a cute card! Love your CAS take on the MIM challenge, and the softness of your flowers really conveys the breezy look you are going for!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

what a sweet summer card.....and you really captured the feeling of sheets on the line. I remember how wonderful they smelled!!

Anonymous said...

such a sweet card, love the addition of the charm.

lisa a.

Joanne (jojot) said...

a CAS delight...love how the flowers 'rise' out of the twine...sweet one

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What a perfectly sweet CAS card, Em! I just love it! :)

Alice said...

so simple and sweet! lovely card!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Emily. I bet your family will have a great summer. Enjoy.

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet little card. I love that little charm.. Cute!!!

Hugs, Linda

Kristy Smith said...

Emily this is SO cute! I love that twine, it's just perfect, especially for the theme of this card! I also love your reverse masking, it's just fabulous! I'm really wanting to try that technique! =) Fabulous job!

Anita said...

A beautiful CAS card Emily. Love the twine and charm.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is a fabulous CAS card, Emily! I love how the hanging daisy charm balances the three flowers so nicely. Love that twine, too, of course! ;)