The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tweety Birds

Welcome to another DeNami Design Product Spotlight! Today's featured stamp is the ultra sweet Tweety Bird Border stamp.

I know, right? Makes you wanna say "Awwwwwwww . . . " Every time my kids walk past my computer while I'm visiting the DeNami Design blog, they always coo over how cute the birdies in the blog header are. Well, you can just imagine how thrilled they were when I showed them that the Tweety Bird Border I received from Paulina for this Product Spotlight is the stamp on which the DeNami blog header is based!!! (I've gotta say, I was pretty thrilled, too!)

I decided to give this Spotlight stamp a clean and simple treatment--I love having a nice selection of flat, mailable cards in my stash! And I think this one is a multi-purpose one.
I love flexibility!

So, in addition to the Tweety Bird Border, I used these products from the DeNami Design store: the "XOXO" sentiment from the Love Sentiments stamp set and Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. I paper-pieced the birdies using some patterned paper from Stampin' Up (thanks, Colleen!) and added three rows of machine stitching, using a quilting stitch that I thought looked kinda like birdie scratches/tracks. That's my story, anyway, and I stickin' to it!

The Tweety Bird Border is on sale for the next week, so be sure to grab it while you can! And I highly recommend swinging by the DeNami blog today to see the rest of the design team members' takes on this super cute stamp. I'm off to check them out now myself! It's always such fun to see what everyone does with each Product Spotlight stamp!

Thanks for checking out my little slice of bliss today!
Emily

PS I'm entering this clean and simple tweety bird card in the Paper Sundaes CAS challenge.

20 comments:

Pam said...

Very cute Emily! Love the chicken scratch stitching!!

Auntie Em said...

Emily, your little blue birdies are so sweet! Great touch with the stitching for their little tracks. :D
Hope you are having a great week! :)

Benzi said...

Emily, this is just the cutest card evah! Love the ittle birdies and that 'chicken scratch' stitching is the best..just perfect-o. You did big!!!

Anita said...

Oh Emily, this is the cutest card ever. Love the little birdies and that machine stitching really adds the wow factor.

Lisa Elton said...

SO sweet Emily, love their little patterned bodies! And the stitching is genius!!

Marisa said...

This is sooo cute :) Love the footprint border along the bottom. Adorable card!

nwilliams6 said...

Emzi, fun way to use these chicks - you could use this image a bunch of different ways and I love your idea. With the blue chicks, you could also do something about feeling blue. Cute, cute, cute!!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is so cute Emily! The same concept would be really cute for Easter!!!

Pam Sparks said...

so cute! just adorable!

Bonnie said...

I love, love, love the "bird scratch" stitching! Those paper pieced little birds are cute too. Great CAS card.

Emily Leiphart said...

Ack, this is the cutest, Emily! The paper piecing and stitching is awesome!

Colleen Dietrich said...

SO adorable, Em! I thought the stitching was another DeNami stamp (hey, maybe whisper in Paulina's ear about making one of those track stamps!)...so neat that it's a textural touch that is still mailable. And thanks for the shout out for the paper!

Jessi Fogan said...

The stitching is beyond perfect - I too thought it was a stamp at first! Love the dimension & texture that stitching adds :) And those chicks...super cute!

Unknown said...

You are right I do want to say Awwww.. This is adorable my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Tan's Hobbies said...

Awwwwwww. The birdies are super duper CUTE... The birdie tracks idea is brilliant. Love the simplicity and the cuteness of your card.

Debbie Carriere said...

Totally adorable!!!! LOVE that border stamp and love what you did with it!!!

Unknown said...

Sweet CAS card Emily! Love your paper piercing & stitching! ;o)

Lisa Arana said...

So adorbs! That stitch is just perfect.

Jenny said...

Thank you so much for entering our Clean and Simple challenge - your card suits it perfectly. from Jenny @ Paper Sundaes.

Marlena M. said...

PERFECT stitching Emily! Wuv those lil' birdies. ;)