The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Make a Splash!

I was so inspired by Amy Tsuruta's post yesterday about a little boy named Sebastian (and Yvonne's post, too) that I just had to make a card to send to him. He will be having surgery soon and his wonderful elementary school teacher, Ms. Brown, would like to fill his hospital room with handmade cards that surround him with love. I hope that this card will make him smile:

I based my design on the current Jan/Feb Sketch Challenge at The Craft's Meow. All of the stamps I used are TCM and come from: Just Sayin' (speech bubble), It's a Shore Thing (whale, sentiment, droplets, waves), and Sending You Sunshine (sun).

The patterned papers are some {very} old DCWV and something I picked up at Target's Dollar Spot several summers ago. They may not be terribly current, but they certainly are cheery, and that's what I was going for! Those sparkly star diecuts are from Jessi, bless her heart!!!

To encourage crafty gals to brighten Sebastian's day, Amy has very generously offered the chance for a prize to those who promise to send him a card that they make and link it up to Cards for Sebastian on her blog. I would have done this without such an enticement. Thanks for championing Sebastian's cause, Amy!! This world needs more Amys and Ms. Browns. :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily

16 comments:

Marisa said...

He is going to love it : What a bright cheery card and the whale is too cute!

~amy~ said...

{{clapping}} LOVE it Emily!!!! Thank you sooooooo much for taking the time to make Sebastian this oh so sweet card...excellent work on The Craft's Meow sketch challenge too {wink!}. Thanks for helping to spread the word about the card drive for Sebastian!!!!

Ginger said...

What an adorably cute card! Thank you so much for making a card foe Sebastian and for helping to spread the word!

Tan's Hobbies said...

hehehehe, this card is very very cute. Your turtle looks too adorable, love his sleepy eyes and your coloring skills. Love the sentiment and the layout.

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Emily! So bright and cheerful!

yyam said...

This is awesome Emily! Bright cheery clours...sure to put a big smile on Sebastian's face! :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a specail cheerful card for this little fella Emily. Great work!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a sweet card Emily and an even sweeter gesture to send it to Sebastian-off to read his story

Unknown said...

I have to say Sebastian is going to love this.. What a cute card!! That is so very sweet of you!

Hugs, Linda

Debbie Carriere said...

Oh, Emily, this is fantastic!!! I had a tough morning with one of my boys and this is just what I needed to put it in perspective, thanks for the link :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I love how bright & cheerful this is - I haven't gone to read about Sebastian yet but the link is opened & I'm heading there now :)
I love the way you mixed & matched the stars - I've got to pull those dies out again soon!

Bonnie said...

This bright and pretty card is sure to bring a smile!

Benzi said...

Bright and cheerful. What a great card to send to Sebastian. He will surely smile big when he sees it.

Glenda J said...

Love the bright and cheerful colours on this adorable card! Sweet!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I just got that summery set from TCM the other day, from Andrea. Can't wait to play with it! I like this fun, happy, bubbly card. I think Sebastian will like it too.

Lisa Arana said...

Oh yes... I believe he will definitely smile and love it!