The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

This week is St. Patrick's Theme Week on the DeNami blog, and we are featuring DeNami's delightful Happy St. Patrick's Day sentiment stamp in our Product Spotlight this week.

I made a simple shamrock for my card by paperpiecing the versatile Small Heart Outline three times and stitching a little stem with some embroidery floss. And my sweet dotted panel? Created by stamping the Polka Dot Background in Versamark ink on Leaf Green cardstock, border-punched along the bottom edge with the EK Success Dotted Scallop punch. Additional items from the DeNami store used in my card: Iridescent Emerald Green cardstock, White cardstock, and my go-to Onyx Black Versafine ink.

DeNami has an adorable collection of St. Patrick's Day stamps--go check them out HERE! Because the Happy St. Patrick's Day stamp is our Product Spotlight this week--BONUS!!--it's on sale. But only for a short time ;).

Be sure to check out all of the fun St. Patrick's Day inspiration on today's Product Spotlight post on the DeNami blog! I can't wait to see what the rest of the design team cooked up, so I'm heading there next.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily

20 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Now you have me in the mood to make a St. Patrick's day card Emily. This is positively delightful. You have a way of putting things together that make me smile.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Lisa Arana said...

How cute! Love the heart clover!

Pam said...

Such a sweet clover made with the heart, and stitched stem! Very festive!! I don't think I've ever done a St. Patrick's Day card! Nice to see one!

Auntie Em said...

Looks like you will be all ready for the wearing of the green! I love the little stitching detail for your clever shamrock. :)

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful script on that stamp. I'm always at a loss when someone wants to make St. Patrick's Day cards. Your hearts really do the trick!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute card Emily! I like your little stitched stem.

Anita said...

This is so cute Emily. I love the little hearts for the shamrock.

whoistracy said...

Just love the simplicity of this and all that green. Fab!!

Marisa said...

Loving the green and white, and of course the polka dots :) Darling little sewn stem too.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is a wonderful St. Patty's Day card, Emily. Love the little scallop edge and how you carried that scallop into your focal image base. Awesome job.

Marlena M. said...

Emily, this is so sweet! I love the bit of floss.

Kary said...

Oh Emily, what a beautiful St Patrick's Day card!! I love the gorgeous shamrock and the polka dot paper. Love this!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is so sweet and clever!

Lisa Petrella said...

Sweet St. Patrick's Day card, Emily! I LOVE the shamrock you created from the Small Heart Outline!!! And of course I think the polka dots are FABBY!!!!

Unknown said...

What a cute card.. Perfect for St. Patties day!!!

Hugs, Linda

Benzi said...

You know I love that polka dot background. Such a super card for St. Patrick's Day.

Meant to tell you it was 83 degrees here today. I'm on a cloud..all changes back tomorrow. Yuck!

Unknown said...

As you can see I'm working my way backwards on this week's posts!
Love this happy Patty's Day card! Great way to use those hearts to create the shamrock! Lovely! ;o)

Colleen Dietrich said...

So cute! I like the handstitched stem to top off the heart-shaped shamrock, Emily. And you used the PERFECT shade of green for this!

Unknown said...

Love how you used the hearts on the st. patty's day card. Very nice!

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm baaaaack :) Yay!
Clever girl, piecing together your shamrock! And I love the stitched stem, and the sweet scalloped border.