The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Sunday, February 26, 2012

DeNami Sneak Peek: BUTTERFLIES!

Welcome to Day 1 of the DeNami Design Spring Release Sneak Peeks!! Today DT Members Laurie, Lisa, and I are giving you sneak peeks of brand-new DeNami stamps about to be released in the Butterfly category! Be sure to read all the way to the end of this post for details on a great giveaway over on the DeNami blog :D.
First, have you heard the news? Starting with this spring release, DeNami stamps will be switching over to cling-mounted rubber stamps! They will use the same high-quality DeNami rubber but will only be available in the cling-cushion form designed to be used with clear acrylic handles. Not only will the stamps be less expensive, they'll be so much easier to store! And I just LOVE being able to see through my handle as I stamp. So easy to "eye-ball" alignment for quickly stamped designs! (More on that in a minute.) And just look at the new ultra-cute packaging for the cling stamps. Fabulous!

Enough chit-chat, right? Let's look at some cards I made with some of the new DeNami butterfly stamps!

What is it about hot pink and bright orange that just look so good together? I love this hot color combination, and I thought it was perfect to show off three stamps from the new release: the largest butterfly of five in the new Fancy Flutters stamp set (CL-GD001), the gorgeous border stamp in the four-stamp Spring Garden stamp set (CL-GD002), and lovely Happy Birthday Script sentiment stamp (CL-F216).
Now, how about a peek at one of the eight new chickies joining the DeNami family on March 1? Behold, I give you the Chickie and Butterflies stamp (CL-D142)!!

You won't believe how quickly this 4" x 4" card came together, all thanks to the new cling-mount stamp design. I simply looked right through my clear acrylic handle to line up the {curved} bottom edge of the chickie stamp with the curve of the cardstock circle already mounted on my card.

After stamping the butterfly chickie at the 12-o'clock, 3-o'clock, 6-o'clock, and 9-o'clock positions {eyeballing it the whole way!}, I went back and filled in between the chickies. The clear handle makes it easy to center the stamp between the already-stamped chickies.

By lining up the bottom edge of the stamp with the curve of the circle for each chickie, they are all {approximately} the same distance away from the circle, all the way around. Perfectly positioned chickies (well, good enough, anyway) in less than five minutes!

And finally I'd like to share a shaped card I made from the new Large Butterfly stamp (CL-P96). I am SO excited about this one!! So many fabulous possibilities for it.

Do you spy some trendy chevrons on my butterfly? That's also a new DeNami stamp! It's a chevron border that's included in the new Modern Borders stamp set (CL-BD005). DT members Michele, Dana, and Paulina will be giving sneak peeks of all the new border stamps tomorrow--be sure to drop by the DeNami blog to catch those!

But I'm getting ahead of myself! Don't forget to check out all of today's BUTTERFLY sneak peeks made by Laurie and Lisa, as well as Paulina's sneak peek video on the DeNami blog.

Let's see . . . one last thing before I go. I did mention that there is a giveaway on the DeNami blog today, right? Here's what's up for grabs:
Aren't these new butterfly stamps beautiful? Be sure to check out the DeNami blog for details on entering. (Pssst . . . but be sure to leave me a comment here before you go--I understand that will give you a chance at a second butterfly prize package! And leaving comments on Laurie's and Lisa's posts will increase your chances!) The deadline to enter is February 29th at 6:00 am PST. The winners will be announced on the DeNami blog later that day.

I think that should do it for now. Thanks so much for bearing with me during this long-winded post! I had a blast sharing some of DeNami's newest stamps with you!!
Emily

66 comments:

M said...

Emily, these cards are stunning! Love the new butterfly designs! M x

Hussena said...

All your cards look Amazing..i especially love the butterfly one ...simply gorgeous!!!

hei said...

Stunning!!! Love the new chickie stamp - and thanks for sharing the new packaging, too! So exciting.

yyam said...

Goodness! These are amazing! I love the chickies!!!! :)

Pam said...

The little chickies card is so cute! Love that design! The shaped butterfly card is awesome too! Very clever!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous shaped card.

Lisa Elton said...

Simply delightful Emily! Love your chickie catching the butterflies card, very creative!

Unknown said...

amazing creations Emily! you make such beautiful projects...your creativity is endless :)

Tina M said...

Aent these new stamps just wonderful?? So excited for this new format...it's awesome. Thanks for sharing such wonderful creations with us!

Pam said...

These cards are beautiful! Lovin these stamps!

Unknown said...

Emily I absolutely love what you did with the new stamps! Super excited about the change to cling backing stamps! Gorgeous cards, and thanks for the quick tutorial! ;o)

Jessi Fogan said...

I just can't get enough of the chickies. They just scream CUTE to me - and I love the little net! And the shaped butterfly card and pink & orange colour combo...you've knocked these butterflies right out of the park. Or caught them? OK, rocked them. How about that?

Anonymous said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I'm a huge fan of butterflies, so I cannot wait for these newbies to come out! The magenta and orange of your first card is a beautiful combo. And the little chickie with the butterfly net...so so cute. And very versatile, too! I can imagine using this stamp with little stars, hearts, shamrocks, even bubbles for the little chickie to catch! Wonderful job. Thanks for the inspiration!

PBrown9624 said...

Loving all the butterflies and what you've done with them! Cute!

hodgins said...

Such great cards!!

Greta said...

I especially love your birthday card & I'm so glad DeNami is going to have cling stamps! I keep telling myself no more wood mounted (I'll have to store them on the roof!) but of course, sometimes I can't resist.

rhogan18 said...

Your cards are so cute. You always have amazing ideas. Love the butterflies!

Rae Ann said...

Love the summery color combo on your first card. Love to see that border in action! Can't wait for that one.

I am excited about the cling stamps. Love how easy it will be to place the stamps as you show on your second card. Really like the circle of chickies on that one.

The color choices and glitter really make your third card. I love that the stamp is large enough to make a mini card with.

Great job, Emily! Love the projects!

Glenda J said...

Gorgeous projects! Will have to get my hands on those Fancy Flutters!

Karen McAlpine said...

I think my favorite is the Chickie on a butterfly hunt! And love the way you used it on your card.

AShu93 said...

Looking fwd to the cling stamps...looks so easy to do the circle of chicks.

KERRI said...

Beautiful cards! Love the sneak peeks :)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

All of your cards are just beautiful, Em! I especially LOVE the shaped, butterfly card. :)

designbydonna said...

Love the new butterfly stamps. And who doesn't love the chickies? Your cards are so cute.

Marisa said...

Love the circle of chicks!! Too cute :) As for butterflies, you know how much I love them - pick me, pick me LOL!

Charlene said...

What great cards. I really like your use of chick butterfly hunting.

Amy Kolling said...

Hi Emily! I adore that butterfly shape card and all that glitter!!! Gorgeous designs!!

Katico Crafts said...

Awesome stamps! Love the new chickie card!!

Marlena M. said...

Emily, these are incredible. I LOVE the huge butterfly card!

Andrea M said...

Emily, these projects are GORGEOUS! You did an amazing jobs with the sneaks! Way to start off the festivities girl!

Michelle W said...

Love all your cards! Great designs. I love the cute chickie.

Carol said...

Your cards are stunning!! Love the beautiful butterfly card.

wilcoxdesigns said...

The butterflies are perfect. I'd love to win those stamps.

The Wolverina /// said...

All your projects are adorable Emily! I especially adore your large butterfly card! I am so excited for the cling stamps, they are super wonderful!

Kris in Alaska said...

That chick is so adorable! And I love the huge butterfly stamp card you made!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Sue Lelli said...

One after enough of pure CUTENESS! LOVE the new butterfly chickie and LOVE what YOU made with them!

Unknown said...

WOW!! So many wonderful creation here my friends. I love the new stamps..

Hugs, Linda

Kimberly said...

Great projects! I love the colors, the chickies, and the butterflies! This is going to be a great release!!!

Lisa Petrella said...

Emily, all of your sneak peek projects are ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!! Love the color combo in the first card, the circle of new chickies in the second one, and your shaped card is PURE GENIUS!!!!! AWESOME job showcasing these new images!!!!!!

Nomi... said...

I luv the new stamps and have them in cling format! The big butterfly card you created is so pretty!

Amy Schumacher said...

I really love the butterfly chickie card and your big butterfly card! So pretty!

I'm a Crafty Diva said...

So excited about these new stamps! LOVE cling!

Tan's Hobbies said...

OMG!! Those three cards ARE amazingly AWESOME.. I love them so much!!

1st Card: Hot color, love the design on the border. The butterflies are so lovely.

2nd Card: Love love love the chickies.. This card is Brilliant and you used such a lovely colors. Thanks for sharing the steps.

3rd Card: Love the brilliant shape. Love the color combination so much!!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful cards and love the new stamps, Emily! Love the big butterfly!

Ryann said...

Awesome, awesome cards Emily! Love that big butterfly stamp!

Marie said...

Love all of the new stuff happening at Denami! These new butterflies are so cute =)

Mary Marsh said...

These are great projects Emily and I just love the sweet little chick. Thanks for a great tutorial on how you made this card

Jessica said...

Emily,
I am loving these cute cards you made with the butterflies. Thanks for sharing :)
Jessica
http://jessica-fortheloveofcrafting.blogspot.com/

Lisa R. said...

Wow, beautiful cheerful cards! Love these new releases. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Lisa Arana said...

Love how you stamped around the circle. Sup-ah cute.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the new butterfly designs! The chickie stamp used around the circle looks terrific too!
DeniseB

Jessi Fogan said...

I've got something for you........say it to yourself in a sing-songy voice :)
http://onecraftymama-onecraftymama.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-award-blushes.html

Anonymous said...

Love the cards you created! Thanks for sharing your talents with us :)

Christy P said...

I need that butterfly chickie stamp- so cute!

Nicki S said...

Hi Emily!
Thanks for sharing all this new stuff with us! My fav project of yours is the big butterfly!

suzARTe said...

these three cards are really LOVELY. I especiall love the colours you have used in the first one

Unknown said...

All 3 cards are LOVELY! Love the colours you've chosen.

Benzi said...

Great cards, Emily! I must say I am a bit partial to the card with the chicks in a circle. Just too cute! I love using acrylic stampers, too.

nwilliams6 said...

Emzi, these cards are wonderful! I love me some chicks and 'flies although I know Benz loves the 'flies more than anyone. Cute creations and stamps. Love seeing all the details you provided here - super job! Hugz.

Anita said...

These are all gorgeous Emily but my favorite is the pink and orange ... I just love those bright colors together.

Kathy Mc said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Emily, and aren't butterflies fun? They are also very versatile so a great prize to win!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Well, I missed the boat on that DeNami comment-to-win thing. Time just gets away from me. :( But thanks for the heads up on it!

You have sooo many cute projects in this post! LOVE those chickies in a circle. Great thinking outside the box (er, circle) on that one. And the big butterfly card is so elegant!

Carol Hurlock said...

These are just fabulous. I love your color combination on the first card-I need to try that and the way you did the little chick circle i delightful-thanks for the tip!!! Beautiful

Emily Leiphart said...

I LOVE your circle of adorable chickies and your beautiful butterfly shaped card, Emily!

Dana said...

Amazing projects. Truly outdid yourself!

Bonnie said...

I like the butterflies, particularly the pink and orange but those chicks stole my heart! It's amazing what a big job such a little stamp can do!