The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Put on your Party Hat!

Trying to get together our birthday gift for my niece who turns 7 next week. I'll have my daughter help me wrap everything when she gets home from school, and then we'll package it all to take to the post office tomorrow so her gifts will arrive in time. As I gathered everything in one spot, I realized that I don't have any kid birthday cards left in my stash. Yikes!! So here's one thing I accomplished today:

The stamps are from {ippity}'s Party Hat Wishes, and the patterned paper is some really old BasicGrey that I found in my stash. That cake and ice cream design is perfect for the birthday girl!

My design got a kick start from sketch #15 over at Chick Challenges {with Ippity}. Thanks, gals!

That does it for now. Thanks for stopping by!
Emily

13 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Emily! I love the shape and the vellum panel.

Marisa said...

Too cute :) Love the party hat adn the vellum sentiment.

Lisa Elton said...

Super sweet Emily, she'll love it!

Lisa Petrella said...

SO SWEET, Emily! I LOVE how you put the strip of colored cardstock under the vellum label to make the sentiment POP!!

Bonnie said...

What a fun card! I think the birthday girl will be so excited when she opens her package.

Benzi said...

Love the fun shape of this card, Emily. Your card is a real cutie!

Tan's Hobbies said...

Such a sweet and lovely birthday card, Emily! The Party hat' design is really cute. Love the ice cream background as well.

Pam said...

A perfect little girls card! Love the vellum label!

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, how I loved this paper :) Love the sentiment on vellum, and the fun card shape!
BTW, congrats, fellow Barbles winner :) I did a little happy dance to see your name up there too!

Unknown said...

What a fun card. It says party all over it!!!

Hugs, Linda

Kary said...

What a sweet card for your niece!! Love the party hat and the yummy papers. It's a fabulous card!!

~Tammy~ said...

Fabulous fun shape! I am in lurve with that paper! Super yummo!

Your niece will love it!

lisa arana said...

So cute and fun! The little bit of vellum is fab.