The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pine Boughs at Night

The first noontime release-week challenge over at Flourishes is called Night & Day, and the challenge is to show a time of day in your creation. It gets dark so early around here at this time of year, so I was inspired to try to capture the look of snow-dusted pine boughs at dusk.
I used Meg's fabulous Poor Man's Spectrum Pad technique with a brayer to create my dusk sky, then stamped the pine branches from Flourishes' All That Glitters set in black to create a silhouette. I glittered up the boughs with some glitter glue and did some scoring on a panel of Marina Mist to give my scene a subtle background. The sentiment, from the Flourishes set Country Charm Labels, is stamped on a panel of vellum.

It's a simple card, but hopefully elegant--that's what I was going for, at least! It will do nicely as a post-Christmas thank-you card.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily

22 comments:

~amy~ said...

Emily, this is absolutely stunning!

Pam said...

Just beautiful! Love how the night sky really pops off the card! And your scoring background is lovely! May have to make one myself! :)
Pam

Benzi said...

Emily, I really love that dusk scene with the glistening pine boughs. Just beautiful!
I'm off to find your peanut clusters recipe so I can make them today. Thought I had printed it but discovered I had only printed part of your write-up.

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, Emily, this is beautiful! You've captured it perfectly - and I love that bloom! The background is perfect to highlight the image panel...so, so pretty :)

Rosemary said...

what a fantastic idea!!! gorgeous card!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

WOW! This is super gorgeous, Em. I love the scoring on the background panel and the beautiful sky you created. :)

Marisa said...

Beautifully done, Emily! Love the scoring in the BG too :)

Debbie Carriere said...

Emily, this is stunning!!! All your cards have been gorgeous!! Sorry, I have not been commenting :). Glad your wrists are hopefully feeling a bit better? Hope you are enjoying the pre-holiday festivities!!! We sure are :). Just wish the weather was a bit more festive :)

Auntie Em said...

This is so pretty and elegant! I love the little row of pearls and the white poinsettia to accent it.
Your work is always so nice!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Beate said...

Emily, your card is stunning! I love your night image. Absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Dawn B. said...

This is perfect for the challenge. This set looks great with the keynote die. Great job Emily and thanks for joining us at Flourishes.

yyam said...

Such a classy and elegant card Emily! Fabulous!

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful.. The image is framed so pretty.. I love it..

Hugs, Linda

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Emily, this turned out wonderful. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Noon Challenge.

lisa arana said...

stunning emily, you captured it perfectly.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Emily! Love the shimmery accents on the pine!

dpkennedy said...

So simple yet so elegant! Gorgeous Emily!

Emily Leiphart said...

What a gorgeous window, Emily! I love the sponging/brayering. I just got a brayer if you can believe it. LOL I can't wait to play around with it!

ChristineCreations said...

This is SO pretty Emily! You totally captured the feeling of night time. Gorgeous brayering and I love the scoring too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oooh, look at you go, girl! Throw a few little birds in with those branches, and you've almost mimicked the new Snow Wonderful set! :) Beautiful card... I LOVE your nighttime sky! Thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

You hit the "elegance" on the button! I love your night scene of the snow covered ferns! Great card! ;o)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love sentiments on vellum, this looks great.