The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Thanks

I'm still adding to my collection of Christmas thank-you note cards!
I made this for the current (but about to end) Chick Challenges {with Ippity} using this sketch:
I'm also adding this to the {ippity} Challenge to make a thank you card, and Paper Sundaes Challenge #100: Celebrate.

As you can see, I went totally traditional with kelly green and Christmas red on this card, keeping it light with stamping in white on the solid colors. The entire card came together around that gorgeous panel of embossed poinsettias. I found a whole stack of these in the fabulous SU scraps bag that my dear friend Colleen sent me. Thanks so much, Col! I was vibrating with excitement when I found those and am thrilled to be using one for the first time. :D

Oh, before I forget: let me tell you about the stamps I used!! Can't believe I almost forgot. They are all {ippity} by Unity stamps--the frame and sentiment are from Just Wanted to Say, and the flowers and leaves are from Now & Always.

OK, off to cross this off my to-do list for today and keep plugging away! Thanks for stopping by for a little slice of happy today.
Emily

17 comments:

Pam said...

Very pretty Emily! Love the embossed bg paper! A perfect Christmas thank you card!
Pam

Auntie Em said...

Your card is soooo pretty! I bought that embossing folder this fall, only because it came in the package with the one I wanted...and once I started using it I found that I really like it better! Go figure! :D
Thanks for sharing another one of your beautiful cards. :)

Bonnie said...

Another beautiful thank you card Emily! Love those colors.

Meg said...

Great card! I love the green you used--it's so hard to find a nice Christmas-y green sometimes! That embossing is just gorgeous!

Benzi said...

Great card with those awesome flowers and lovely embossing on the background. Now, that looks like it was fun to make.

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE that paper! Such gorgeous detail, and I love the little tag image, and the varied flower centres. Another very lovely thank you card :)

~Tammy~ said...

You are awesome to knock some of those thank you cards out. I need to do this, but with family already arriving!!! Gesh...I have to be on the ball sooner next year! Don't we all say that!

This is so fun and festive and will really show you appreciated the thoughtfulness of the season! I always love your stitching...it's a nice touch with the embossed background!

~amy~ said...

love your fresh and fun card Emily!!!

lisa arana said...

You are so creative with your stamps! Love this one Emily! I'm going to feature it on the Unity Facebook page today. Thanks so much for playing in the {ippity} challenge.

Jessica Buffa said...

Emily, awesome job on this card. Wonderful interpretation of the sketch and great embossing. Kudos on the fussy cutting, too.
:O)
Jessica

Marisa said...

Wonderfully done, Emily. Love the flowers and embossed panel in the BG. Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas :) Thanks for all your wonderful support and comments this year (((hugs))).

yyam said...

Ooh! This is really lovely Emily! I love the embossed panel and the traditional Christmas colors! :)

Dawn B. said...

Emily this is beautiful. I really like these colors together. That sketch is a tough one. Good luck on your to-do list. Mine is getting shorter. Have a great new year and a wonderful Christmas.

Unknown said...

Sooooo Pretty my friend. Love those traditional Christmas colors..

Hugs, Linda

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oooo, these embossed panels look awesome, Emily! I *knew* you'd come up with something terrific when I mailed those to you. :)

I like the big, bold cluster of red flowers against it. And thanks for the shout-out, too!

Merry Christmas, my dear friend!

Rona said...

This is great Emily love those flowers in pretty Christmas colors!! So glad you played along with the Ippity Challenge!!

Shanna Shands said...

I love the simplicity of this card. Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes. Hope to see you again this Sunday!