The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, December 19, 2011

I'm officially addicted . . .

. . . to making this petite-sized card! They measure 3.25" x 4.25", and they are perfect for my family to use for post-Christmas thank you notes. Here are the results of my new addiction:

for this month's Theme Challenge: Christmas over at DeNami Design. The sentiment is from the Everyday Greetings stamp set, and the sweet Christmas light is the Curly Bulb stamp (it's currently on sale for $3.98!).


more for DeNami's Christmas challenge! Same sentiment, different image--this time it's the Small Solid Holly Leaves, which I received as a free bonus stamp in my last DeNami order! What holly would be complete without some blingy holly berries? Here the role of berries is being played by some fun rhinestones and pearls.

Penguins are really big favorites in my house, so I'm already imagining the arm-wrestling matches that will result when the rest of the family spies these penguin notes as choices amongst the thank you note cards.

This trio uses some Mary Engelbreit dimensional stickers and ME clear stamps that I picked up on clearance for 90% off at Michael's last year after Christmas.


And this last set features some more dimensional penguin stickers, this time from Recollections (another bargain bin find). The sentiments are from Tradefish Designs' Attitude of Gratitude set, which I adore. I think this last set of cards may be my favorites of the bunch!

The size of these cards will be perfect for the shorter thank you notes to be written, and I finally got to use some bargain loot! But the best part of these little cards? I was able to whip up 13 of them in less than 90 minutes. For a gal who's not known for her cardmaking speediness, that's definitely something to write home about. And I was smiling the whole time. They were fun!

Thanks for checking out my little slice of bliss today!
Emily

25 comments:

~amy~ said...

WOW...you've been super busy! Lovin' all your crafting goodness Emily!!

yyam said...

Ooh...these are adorable! You're a production machine! :)

Pam said...

This is a fun size card to make, and perfect for thank you notes! I like the penguins too! Glad you were able to whip these up quickly!
Pam

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Your thank you card sets are all fabulous, but I love the little penguins in the last set the best! Super darling, Em! :)

Janice said...

So adorable, love them all!

Marisa said...

Adorable set of cards, Emily :) Love the holly ones. Congats on being the Moxie Fab girl this week too!!!

Meg said...

Wow, 13 in 90 minutes?!?! That's got to be some sort of record!

I love the last penguins one the best, too, but all of them are adorable!

Susan said...

wow, oh wow, Emily!!! You are front and center in the Moxie Fab World today!!!!! I was just on to find a link for the challenge and whata I see but your wonderful face and an article fron Cath! Congratulations and can't wait to read all about you.....

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards dearie and congrats on your Moxie Fabbyness!!! Have a great day!!

Jessi Fogan said...

So excited to see you as Moxie Fabber today, Emily - you so deserve the spotlight :)
I must say that last set is my favourite too - penguins just happen to be my very favourite Christmas creature...although since they live at the South Pole, how did that happen anyway? Hmmm.

Auntie Em said...

First of all Emily ... CONGRATULATIONS!!! on being named Moxie Fabber of the Week!!! You so deserve the honour! :) YEA!!!!

And I love these sweet thank you notes! The clean and simple designs are all awesome! I love the holly leaves and all your penguins. The light bulbs are lovely!
Thank-you to YOU for sharing all your fun ideas and talents!!! :)

Anita said...

Wow, you have been a very busy elf lol! They're all gorgeous Emily.

Lisa Elton said...

These are pure holiday delights Emily! Thanks for sharing this adorable collection of cards ;)

Benzi said...

Cuteness abounds! I just adore everyone of these little notecards. It would be hard to say which is my favorite because they are all just the 'bestest'. And, something fast and easy can't be beat.

Debbie Carriere said...

Hey, my famous friend!!! Just saw you over on Moxie Fab World!!! You rock! I haven't stopped smiling for you AND these CAS cards are fantastic, as usual!!

Bonnie said...

I like that last set of penguins the best too. All are wonderful and I'm sure will be put to good use. I was really excited to see your lovely, smiling face as the Moxie Fab Girl! Whoo hoo! You go girl!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh these are so stinkin' cute! Like slap your mama cute! I love them ALL and I can see how you would be addicted!

Carol Hurlock said...

These are so delightful. I am completely taken with the fun penguins. These are just darling.

Glenda J said...

Love these fun and cute sets! Fabulous CAS cards!

Colleen Dietrich said...

These mini cards are all so cute, and just show how good you are with maximizing what you have around you. :)

If you can make 13 cards in less than 90 minutes, that is a bonus in my book, any day!

Paulina said...

L-O-V-E! Emily, those thanks note cards are amazing! I just love the simplicity and also how they are still super festive! You did an awesome job on these.

Thanks for joining us again in the DeNami challenge!

lisa arana said...

they are all so adorable!!! the penguins make me want to dance.

Renee said...

Genius!

Andrea M said...

OMG Emily! These little note cards are too adorable!! LOVE them! Thanks for playing along with DeNami Design!

Amy said...

Love the size!!! Great idea!