The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

For a purple lover

A dear friend gave me a lovely collection of gifts for Christmas, including some lovely cocoa-dusted almonds, Choxie truffles, tea bags, and a new paper punch (EK Success's Daisy Chain)--some of my very favorite things! I already have a nice collection of thank you cards made up for my family to use for post-Christmas thank yous, but my friend's favorite color is purple (and none of the cards I've made so far feature purple), so I made her a special card using my new punch and her favorite color.
I heat-embossed this pretty flower from my favorite {ippity} set, Now & Always (it's getting a lot of use lately), and got busy with my watercolors to dress it up. The sentiment is from {ippity}'s Just Wanted to Say, and the patterned papers are from the lovely Lily Bee Design's Picket Fence pad which I won as blog candy a while ago from my sweet friend Pam. I just noticed that you can pick up this fabulous paper pad from her online store This and That Paper Crafts for just $4.50 right now as part of her year-end sale! (And she offers free shipping on a $50 purchase!)

I used this sketch (#11) from Chick Challenges with {ippity} as the design basis for my card. I'm also playing along with the {ippity} Challenge to make a thank you card and the Simon Says Anything Goes Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily

20 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful, Emily! Love the purple and that lovely flower. Looks like an awesome border punch, too!

Pam said...

The Picket Fence paper looks so pretty on this card!! Thanks a ton for the mention of my store and sale!! Much appreciated!! You're friend will just love this card!

Marisa said...

Way to break in that new punch right away, Emily :) Darling purple card. I have a GF that would love this :)

Unknown said...

Lovely card! What a pretty shade of purple with the daisies peeking out. She will love that you used on of her gifts! ;o)

Auntie Em said...

So sweet! I love the strip of daisies behind the pretty flower and the pretty patterned paper you used.
Hope you are enjoying your holidays. They go by too fast but at least you were organized a week ahead. Smart lady! :D
Thank you for sharing all your pretty thank-you cards! A lot of people will be thankful to receive them! :)

Carol Hurlock said...

Emily this so super cute. I love that daisy border punch your used on this fabulous card. Just awesome!

angie/shuggy said...

what a cute card!

Jen M said...

Cute card and what a lovely gift! :)

yyam said...

This is so pretty! Love the mix of patterns and colors! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Emily! That lavender paper is lovely!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card.. Love the color of purple you used....

Hope you have a great new years..

Hugs, Linda

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty thank you card Emily-and how thoughtful to make it in your friends fave color-glad to read that you had a wonderful christmas- we did as well

Anita said...

This is so pretty Emily. I love the daisy punch and I'm sure your friend will love this card.

Meg said...

Oh, I bet that purple-lover will love the purpleness of this! Great card!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love this, Emily! That punch is super-sweet, and I love the purple :)

Bonnie said...

A special card for a special friend! Love that punch, the flower and the paper.

Benzi said...

Oh, a new punch! Now, that's a lot of fun and worth making a purple card just for your friend. She is sure to love it.

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous card to thank your friend, Emily! I love how you broke in your new punch and featured it on her card. She will definitely appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Hi there Emily! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing. Awesome treats and beautifully packaged...I did peanut butter fudge and roasted almond toffee with white chocolate.

Rona said...

adorable card!