The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, December 9, 2011

Kid-Friendly Thanks for FWF

Time to share a little something for Unity's Friends With Flair blog hop. Be sure to check the Unity blog for a complete list of participants!

My baby turned 9 years old at the beginning of the month {sniff!} and he needed some fun cards for writing his thank you notes to our far-flung family. I came up with a couple of designs to keep things interesting. I'll share the other design in a few days, but here is the first one:
The letters spelling out THANKS come from {ippity}'s Alphabetically Adorable set. This was my first time inking it up, and I LOVED it!! What a fun set; the letters are just super sweet. The patterned paper is from Bo Bunny's Blast Off! collection. (Thanks, Jessi!! And more thanks for the fantastic sparkly star diecuts.)

I used the new sketch from Chick Challenges {with Ippity}:
I'm also linking this up for the current {ippity} Challenge, which is a free-for-all one.

Thanks for dropping by today!
Emily

31 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card Emily...love the loopy frame:) happy friday!

JPScraps said...

So fun and colorful!!

Jen M said...

Perfect for a kid's thank you - love the colors and the funky, loopy frame!

joetterer said...

lots of good color!

Ruby said...

Perfect card for a child. Love the fun colours.

Kary said...

Hi Emily! What a sweet & fun card - love the colours & design. Happy Birthday to your son too. {hugs}

Jessi Fogan said...

Happy birthday to your little man :) I think we're still going to get sniffly when they're turning 45...how can our kids grow so fast? I love that you are teaching them to follow your amazing example, writing thank you notes. It makes it much more fun when the cards are this fun, I bet :) And you're welcome, btw. My stash is your stash ;)

Crystal said...

Such a fun thank you card, perfect for the occasion!

Marisa said...

Love the loopy frame and funky letters. Belated Happy Birthday to your little guy. I keep telling my kids they are growing without permission LOL!

Anne Tussing said...

Awesome boy thank you card!!! SO FUN:)

Jingle said...

Very cute!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is fabulous, em! Perfect for a little boy to give. :)

Linda said...

love the loopy frame:) and the bright colors.

Unknown said...

your card is amazing!!

Pam said...

Very cute cards for your son! Mine is 5, and time has flown! I know how you feel!!
Pam

jennifer mitten said...

I love this! I have that loopy punch set and never think to use it:-)

Glenda J said...

Super cute! Love the colourful and funky letters and the loopy border! Great work!

Hope G. said...

This is such a fun card! I love the loopy die, super cute!

Jen W. said...

What a perfect boy card! Those orange loops are so much fun and those letters rock!

Pryn said...

This is so cool and unique! Love EVERYTHING about it!!!

ddazzled71 said...

All the bright colours the loopy frame and fun alphabet are perfect for a kid friendly card. It's screams fabulously fun!

lisa arana said...

omg, this is seriously fun!

Auntie Em said...

Cute and perfect for a 9 year old! He's so lucky to have such a talented Mommy! :)
Hope he had a great birthday!

Benzi said...

Emily, this is just perfect for a child's thank you card...so colorful and just downright fun. I'm sure it will give the recipient a smile.

angie/shuggy said...

so cute. i really need to ink that set up, too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Super cute! The heavenly stars paper is neat, and the little star punches/die cuts are a perfect match.

Roslyn said...

An awesome card - the colours are fun and bright and I'm sure the recipients will be very glad you had reason to send it to them!

Sarah said...

So cute! I would have never looked twice at this stampset! :)

Gwen said...

What a great design! LOVE that alphabet set!!!

Unknown said...

Love the colors and that frame Emily! You really made those stamps look soooo cute..way to go! Thank you for joining in my sketch at Chick Challenges!
Jen

JenMarie said...

Oh so creative!!! Glad you joined us in the IPPITY challenge!