The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, December 16, 2011

FWF: Enjoy the Ride

A new Friday means a chock-full-of-inspiration Friends With Flair blog hop over at the Unity blog. I'm linking up this card:
This clean and simple masculine concoction is already winging its way to my father-in-law, whose birthday is Monday. I used three stamps in the Authentic Man stamp set from {ippity} by Unity, some twine for the Tangled Twine challenge over at Ribbon Carousel Challenge, and not a whole lot else! I was inspired by the Potpourri Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, which offers this photo for inspiration:
I love that bold monogram on the mug, and picked up that idea for the start of my sentiment. I also latched onto that neutral color palette. :)

Finally, I'm adding this to the mix over at
{ippity}'s Free-for-All challenge.

Can you believe that we are heading into the last weekend before Christmas? We are all pretty excited here. Luckily our preparations are all under control. Both of my kids are in our Sunday School Christmas pageant, which will be this Sunday. Should be fun!!

Thanks for stopping by for a little slice of bliss today!
Emily

34 comments:

Pam said...

Great job encorporating this card into so many challenges! Love the twine embellishment!!
Pam

~amy~ said...

excellent masculine card!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Your FIL will love this, Emily. I like the twine at the top and the monogram look of the "e". :)

Jen M said...

This is a fab cas masculine card!

Gwen said...

Love this! Awesome card and definitely Moxie Fab!!

Jingle said...

I. Am. In. Love. This is perfection!

Marisa said...

This is FABULOUS, Emily!! Love the twine and the BG to the sentiment.

Kary said...

Hi Emily! This is a COOL card for your father in law. I love how you added the twine and the fun sentiment. It'a really GREAT card!! Love it!!

Dana F. said...

Fabulous card! That glittery letter and sentiment part alone is stunning on its own!!

sharon g said...

I love the car image!

B. Poteraj said...

Nice use of twine!

Crystal said...

I love the simple B&W color scheme with the twine and sentiment, really pops!

Ruby said...

Emily this is such a nice masculine card.

Tammy Ozuna said...

Love the minimalism and the colors you chose for this card.

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh, Emily, this is stunning! What a fantastic design and masculine card. I love that it's CAS but has all those fine details like the strings and the sparkly letter. Absolutely fantastic!

jennifer mitten said...

This is simply fabulous! I love how you have used this set....

lisa arana said...

wow! this is a winner for sure!

Noelle Reese said...

How cute is this? I love the e!

Mynn xx said...

What an awesome card!!! LOVE the "noise" stamped behind the sentiment--and I really love the monochromatic color scheme! :) Fabulous!!!

angie/shuggy said...

you make the greatest cards!

Colleen Dietrich said...

GREAT interpretation of the inspiration pic! I was thinking your card looks worthy of publication in PC, then I see you are entering it for one of their challenges.

It's perfect!

ddazzled71 said...

Wow what a fabulous CAS Card just perfect for a male. I love the use of the twine at the top and that gorgeously blinged up E.

Auntie Em said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I love the simplicity, the sentiment, the twine, the colours, the stamp.
A very stylish greeting!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Glenda J said...

Absolutely perfect! Great work on this CAS card.

Benzi said...

Great job with your inspiration, Emily, and there's sure to be a delighted father-in-law on the receiving end.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the bit of sparkle.

Jessi Fogan said...

He's sure to love this! The twine looks super, and the simple bit of sparkle makes me happy :)
Enjoy the kids in their pageant - hope they break a leg (break their legs? Dang, how do you wish luck to multiple performers? ACK!)

Anonymous said...

This is totally awesome Emily! Lvoe those subtle lines beneath the sentiment and the CAS design!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Emily! Thanks for linking this up to the Pot Pourri Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

~Tammy~ said...

This is awesome! Great take on the on the challenge!

Laurel said...

This is fabulous! Congrats on being the Moxie Fabber! Thanks for playing at RCC.

Susan said...

totally coolio, Emily and I am still beaming thinking of your huge shout out!

JenMarie said...

LOVE this!!! Thanks for joining us in the IPPITY challenge!

Danielle Daws said...

This is awesome! LOVE it! Thanks for joining in with RCC!