The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Daffodil Thanks

Today I'm sharing a card that I made for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #148: to use the same image and make two cards/projects with two totally different looks, styles, themes, or colors. I made a very frilly Get Well card yesterday with a sweet daffodil stamp from Flourishes (A Year in Flowers Set 1), and while it was still out on my desk, I decided to use it again to make a second card with it in a very clean and simple style:
And for comparison, here is my frilly version from yesterday once again:
I just love the contrast, don't you? I always need thank you notes, so I'm pretty sure this one won't be in my stash for long. :) By the way, that pretty "Thank You" sentiment is from Flourishes' Tag Lines, and I colored the image with my Prismacolor pencils.

I hope your Wednesday is off to a great start! Thanks for stopping by to check out my little slice of bliss.
Emily

18 comments:

Marisa said...

Loving the CAS card, Emily. Fabulously coloured and perfectly placed image and sentiment.

Kary said...

Hi Emily, LOVE your cards!! What a brilliant take on the challenge!! Gorgeous creations and they really look different, and both are stunning!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Just gorgeous, Em! A perfectly, exquisite OLC! :)

Beate said...

Emily I absolutely love your take on the challenge. Both cards are gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Benzi said...

Emily, your CAS card is absolutely beautiful!! I meant to tell you yesterday that I love how you used all the pearls on your card.

Pam said...

Love how the daffodils stand out on this CAS card! It's nice to see how one stamp can look so different!! And congrats on winning the FWF on Unity!!!!
Pam

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hey, I like this CAS version too. It's just right, everything about it: the placement, lots of white space, pretty sentiment, beautifully colored flowers. And hooray for quick cards, eh? Hugs to you! I owe you a phone call!

Tenia Nelson said...

What wonderful cards!!!

Auntie Em said...

So different but both are so pretty! I love how elegant the white card with the image looks.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

Yes I do love these.. So cool to see the differences...

Hugs, Linda

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Stunning one layer card... great coloring.

Karen B. said...

Your clean and simple version is just as beautiful as your frilly version. The coloring is top notch.

Unknown said...

Wow! Emily, they are so gorgeous with its own style!! I love you colored one and the other one without coloring! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC!

Ellen Taylor said...

Isn't is amazing how you can make such different cards with the same stamp. Your cas card is simply beautiful and your lacey card is gorgeous! Love the pearls with the doily and your colors. Beautiful work!!

Jessi Fogan said...

I think one of my favourite things about cardmaking is how easy it can be to make such different things with the same supplies. The colouring on the CAS card is amazing - one day I'll have practiced enough with my prismas to be happy with them :)

lisa arana said...

love your cas version too! the flowers just pop big time.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous CAS card! Love your coloring of the daffodils on this card, and how you let it stand along without coloring on the other card! TFS! ;o)

Silke Ledlow said...

Emily, these are two beauties! Perfect opposites! Thanks for joining us and also *CONGRATS* on being the Moxie Fabber...yeah! Hugs and happy holidays, ~S~