The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, February 21, 2014

Shamrock

Happy Friday! Now that Valentine's Day is over, I've been making lots of green cards prepping for St. Patrick's Day, and I'm sharing this one to lead off that parade o' green!


I made this card as an entry in my friend Pam's Just Punch It Challenge. For this edition of her fun punch art challenge, she's asking players to follow this sketch:


As you can see, I took the liberty of stretching the sketch to give my card a landscape, rather than portrait, orientation. I used a simple heart punch to create my green shamrock (and the stem comes from Stampin' Up!'s bird builder punch), and that pretty Happy St. Patrick's Day sentiment comes from DeNami Design.

Well, I hope you have a great weekend! We don't have much planned, just a few family movies and time to relax here at home. My kids have been home from school this whole week on February Vacation, so we've just been taking it easy around here ;).

Thanks for visiting!
Emily

14 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Your St Pats card is so fresh and pretty. And might as well create the shamrocks while the Valentine hearts are still on the table! :)
Glad to have March coming up soon. The kids have the first week of March off here but the weather is never nice enough to do anything much. Just a good time to rest and relax.
Thanks for sharing your lovely card and hope you have a great weekend! :)

Benzi said...

That's a pretty shamrock you made with that heart punch, Emily. Cute, cute card! If you had put one more leaf, we could all have had good luck. LOL

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute Emily! Enjoy your weekend ;)

Pam said...

Loving your adorable shamrock Emily!!! The hexagon looks so pretty too, love that! Thanks so much for joining my sketch challenge! Have a fun, relaxing weekend!

Brenda in IN said...

Love that you used a heart to make your shamrock. It is so cute. Also that hexagon is a great backdrop for it. Have a fun weekend before the kids go back to school.

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the cut/embossed detail around the edge of the hexagon! So unique! And how is it I don't have a single heart punch/die? (augh!)

Marisa said...

Oh how I love all that green - I should be Irish LOL! Darling shamrock and love the details on the edges of the focal panel.

Joni Andaya said...

This is so FANTASTIC Emily! Love your card with the clover leaf out of heart :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

I really like the octagon, Emily! Is that a die cut, or a handtrimmed embossing folder? Either way, it's a perfect backdrop for the sweet, sweet shamrock. :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

cm said...

Everything about your card makes me smile! Love the heart shamrock on its lovely embossed frame. Of course, the background, border and wonderful font sentiment are *the* perfect compliments! Once again, a visit that's both delightful and dazzling!
c

Tracey McNeely said...

Emily that frame is fantastic, love the heart shamrock!

Greta said...

Hope you had a lovely family weekend, Emily! Your card is so fun--great use of the sketch! Sorry to make you jealous that we can not only see the grass but it actually had enough sun to need mowing--LOL!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card. St Patties day is right around the corner.

I do hope you had a nice weekend.

Hugs~

~Tammy~ said...

Love that Octagon for the backdrop for the shamrock! Pretty and festive!

Sorry so tardy visiting. Still recouping, but trying to visit. Typing even makes my arm/shoulder hurt.