The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Sunday, February 9, 2014

DeNami Design Polka Dots Blog Hop

Welcome to the February DeNami Design Blog Hop! This month's hop is all about POLKA DOTS!!


I am the first stop on today's hop! Hopefully, you've arrived here by way of the DeNami blog. If so, you are on the right track! If not, you'll want to head over to leave a comment on the DeNami blog. (And remember, if you get lost along the way, you can always head over to the DeNami blog to get pointed in the right direction.)

Don't forget, there are some super-fun DeNami prizes to be won! Two lucky commenters will be drawn at random from among the comments left along the blog hop to win a $20 DeNami Design gift certificate! You have until Monday, February 10, 2014, 11:59 pm PST, to leave comments on all the blogs to be eligible for a prize. 


OK, on to my project! I really wanted my polka dots to stand out on my creation for today's hop, so I kept my design clean and simple. Here's what I created:


I used a few fun dotty products from DeNami Design: Polka Dot Circle stamp, Polka Dot Background stamp, Happy Birthday Script stamp, and Lime/White Dots washi tape. I also used white cardstock and Onyx Black Versafine ink from the DeNami store.

To make my design, I simply stamped the Polka Dot circle on white cardstock in several fresh colors then punched out each circle with a 1" circle punch. I adhered dotted lime washi tape along the bottom edge of the card base and lined up the punched circles along the top edge of the washi tape. It was so quick to make!
 
It's time for me to send you along on your way. But before you leave for more DeNami polka dot inspiration, be sure to leave a comment to be eligible for the randomly drawn prizes.  Then you can head out to see the next blog hop participant on today's list: Linda Carpenter
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Enjoy the blog hop,
Emily 

36 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I love, love, love polka dots. This is so sweet and colorful. It reminds me of an Easter card. My embossing folder came yesterday along with the darling card. Thank you so much.

Stacy said...

Very fun and creative design, Emily!! It is happy, colorful and perfect for a birthday.

Benzi said...

Ooh, love those polka dots and the pretty colors on your circles. This is certainly a delightful card. Love it!

Deb said...

Emily, I love all of your polka dots, especially that circle polka dot. Love your color choices too!

Linda said...

Lots of dots! Very colorful and cheery!

gwhee60277 said...

I love the polka dots, such a cute card!

Amy Schumacher said...

So fun and colorful! It makes me think if Easter eggs!

Debbie Bonczek said...

I love that you have white/green dot up top (with your sentiment) and then the negative of that at the bottom green/white dot. Those circles separating the two are just perfect. Very nice.

cm said...

Absolutely darling card, Emily! Purple and blue polka-dots make me smile!
c

Unknown said...

WOW! Now that is a lot of polka dots! You balanced them out perfectly with your fun colors!

deb said...

What a cute and simple card. Love the polka dots.

Pam said...

Love all the colors, and of course the polka dots!!

Stacey Schafer said...

how precious, Emily! polka dots everywhere...i love it!

Roey said...

how cute is this card? great way to start my tour of polka dots!

Larissa Heskett said...

So FUN Emily!! ;) I LOVE the design and your colors!! Thanks so much for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Lisa Elton said...

This is a happy card Emily and it just makes me smile!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Super cute Emily!

Create Beauty with Laurajo said...

Very cute, Emily! This could be used perfectly for Birthdays, Thank You's, and just Hello Cards.

Denise Bryant said...

Darling card Emily! Love the pretty spring colors, and of course, all those polka dots!

cghundley said...

How cute and
simple. Looks
so fun though.
Great use of
the washi tape.
Carla from Utah

Sue D said...

very fun with all the polka dots--love the colors too.

KFlaherty said...

This is a great start to the blog hop - polka dot heaven!

Greta said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love your darling card, Emily!

McStamper said...

Love the dots - darling card.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness, Miss Lady!!

DisneyGirl0828 said...

Love your color combo. Fun card!

Pat M said...

Simple but effective

Tina M said...

How fun!! It's polka dot to the max and totally adorable. Even would work for a guy friendly card by changing up the colors.

Auntie Em said...

Love your polka dots Emily! The colours are so fresh and pretty.
No matter what it us, polka dots are always perfect. :)
Hope you have a great week! Cheers! :)

designbydonna said...

Love all you bright cheery colors and dots.

Lisa Petrella said...

Funny how we chose the same stamp!!! HA! I LOVE how you used the Polka Dot Circle here! SO CUTE!!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE your bright & cheerful polka dot card! The background is awesome, and using the washi tape to match with the bright circles! Super FUN CAS card! :D

Unknown said...

This card has such a happy feel to it. I LOVE it..

Hugs~

Misty said...

What fun polka dots! The colors are GREAT!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Darling dots! This reminds of Easter, oh yes it does. :)

Dana said...

This fresh card screams SPRING to me Emily! I love the colors and the simplicity:)