The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Rosy Thanks a Bunch

A very happy Wednesday to you! Are you surviving the cold? We've had two straight mornings with single digit (F) temperatures here. Yikes! Arctic vortex, go away!!

Well, the DeNami Design team is doing another DeNami Product Spotlight today, and this time around we are featuring what very well may be my favorite DeNami stamp set of all time, the Solid Rose Accents set:


I've found myself reaching for this solid stamp set time and time again ever since I first acquired it! I think that rose image is just oh, so sweet, and the foliage complements it perfectly.

For today's card, I stamped and fussy-cut a quartet of roses to make a colorful thank-you card:


I used the rose and frond images from the Solid Rose Accents set, Thanks a Bunch, Onyx Black Versafine ink, and Spanish Moss Versafine ink. And can you see the subtle texture on the lined patterned paper? I added that with a Chevron Embossing Folder from the DeNami store. I LOVE how that turned out. The zigzag pattern really adds a lot of pizzazz :). I added a band of bright fuchsia color with a narrow strip of crepe paper. I love how it packs a punch but still allows a bit of the underlying striped patterned paper to peek through.

It's always fun to see how others use the same stamp set, so be sure to check out the rest of the team's lovely creations today on the DeNami blog. Like what you see? Then you can score a great deal on the Solid Rose Accents set--as our Spotlight Product, it's on sale at 10% off for the next week!!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Emily

11 comments:

Pam said...

Sweet roses, and love the chevron embossing on the striped paper!! It's been really cold here too, 1 degree right now!

Auntie Em said...

Good Morning Emily! Your card is lovely! I like the sweet little bouquet of roses you created and the embossing on the striped paper gives it a little extra fun.
Bitter cold here too. I went out to the mail box and although it's just a few yards from the house, it made me realize today is a good day to stay inside and play with paper. Sounds like as good an excuse as any! lol
Stay warm and cozy and thanks for sharing your pretty card. :)

Benzi said...

Goodness, Emily..you really do some wonderful fussy cutting. I thought you had cut those beautiful roses with a die.

I love that striped paper and you added such wonderful texture with that chevron folder.

Super card!!!!

Brenda in IN said...

Such a sweet bouquet you made. Love the patterned paper with the embossing.

Dana said...

I love love love this card! You have such a knack for color and LO Emily. Your bouquet is perfect.

Deb said...

Love your bold colors, Emily! And embossing patterned paper...what did I never think of that? Beautiful!!!

Greta said...

Super neat looking card, Emily! Love adding the embossing folder to the printed paper!

cm said...

Emily, your bouquet of roses is lovely, and nestled on the lovely embossed papers (I'll second Greta's comment!) makes for such an eye-catching impact! Pretty, perfect, lovely! Like you, I'm ready for Spring...
c

Lisa Elton said...

The embossed striped DP looks awesome Emily, this is such a pretty card!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card!!

Lisa Petrella said...

I agree! I love the look of the embossed chevrons on the stripey paper too!!! Fabulous card!