The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Owl Be Your Valentine

Hello there! Today I have a little owl-themed Valentine to share:


Time is running out on my friend Pam's Just Punch It Challenge. Valentine punch art is this edition's theme. I'm still working on my Valentines and had a bit of time to play with paper today, so I dove right in. The patterned paper is from Target's One Spot. The Teeny Heart Background stamp and Rectangle Word Bubble stamp are both from DeNami Design. The branch stamp is from Schlosser Designs.

I created that cute little owl by starting with a rectangle of red cardstock and then punching part of an oval to create his tufted head and using corner rounder to shape his base. I used various sizes of heart punches to make his tummy, beak, and feet. His eyes are, of course, layered circle punches, and his wings are two halves of a small scalloped circle punch. He was so easy to make!

I simply used my computer to print the sentiment on cardstock and then used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the word bubble around it.

Thanks for stopping by!
Emily

5 comments:

cm said...

Such a sweet card, Emily! Your punched owl is darling. Whoever receives this will have a smile all over their face, just as I do! Day-brightened!
c

Pam said...

Such a happy and cheerful owl!! Very adorable Emily!! Love that patterned paper too, how fun! Awesome job on the sentiment too!! Thank you for playing along with my Valentine theme!!

Benzi said...

Oh, such cute punch art. The owl is adorable and I like that word bubble.
I wanted to put my snowman/valentine punch art recently in her challenge but noticed the challenge called for snow and my card didn't have it. Bummer! Ha

Jessi Fogan said...

This is too darn cute! I love that paper, and the hearts on the owl's belly & wings :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a cutie pie owl this is! It reminds me of Valentine's I used to give and get when I was a kid. Cute plays on words. :)