The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, October 22, 2012

Good News: I'm Guest Designing with TCM this month!

the craft's meow.

I'm SO happy to share that I'm guest designing for The Craft's Meow this month!! Somebody pinch me!! You can read all about it here. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

And today is the first day of previews for the TCM October stamp release. The TCM design team members (and that includes me!) are sharing creations made with two new fabulous stamp sets for Christmas:  Christmas Angel and Hearth & Home.

Let's take a look at what I made with the Christmas Angel set:



I took an understated approach with this set to let that beautifully detailed Christmas angel really shine! I embossed her in gold on a Night of Navy SU cardstock base. The "Glory to God" sentiment also comes from this Christmas Angel set. I stamped it in Night of Navy ink on Vintage Cream PTI cardstock and embossed a beautiful label (from TCM's Season's Greetings set ) around it in gold.

My second card for today comes from the Hearth & Home set:



There's a great selection of images and sentiments in this new set! I chose to focus on the parts that "jingle" ;). I colored the jingle bells image with my colored pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits and paper blending stumps. I just had to add some silver glitter for a bit of pizzazz!! The musical score background is digital paper that I recolored (it was originally black and white) and printed out from the Echo Park Hybrid Mini-Theme kit called Melody of Life. I would have loved to tie on some silver jingle bells with my button and bow treatment but discovered that all I had were gold!! Gotta put some silver ones on my shopping list . . .

Be sure to check out the fantastic creations that the rest of the TCM designers made for today's preview of Christmas Angel and Hearth & Home over on the The Craft's Meow blog. There's a giveaway going on, too, and you can find out all about that over there as well. :D

I hope you'll join me tomorrow for some more previews of new TCM stamp sets!

Until then, have a day filled with bliss!
Emily

21 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome cards Emily and congrats on being the TCM Guestie!

Pam said...

The gold and navy is so pretty, love the embossed angel and the frame! The jingle bell card is really cute, love the red music score and the dark stitching!! Congrats on your guest spot too!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, Emily! Love the gold embossing on the first card and the red and music background on the second card. Great stitching details too:) Congrats on your GDT:)

Benzi said...

You'll be a fine guest designer, Emily. You'll make them proud.

The gold embossing for the angel against that dark bg is awesome. What a beautiful card.

I love the second one, too. It is a happy and very pretty card. The image really reminds me of one I did recently.

Lisa Elton said...

Big hug and congrats Emily on your Guest spot! The gold and navy angel card is striking and I love the jingle bells with the sheet music. Great cards!

Marlena M. said...

I love both of your elegant cards Emily! Congratulations on Guest Designing! Have you tried Viva Decor Inka Gold (silver color)? That stuff rubs on like makeup. I had the same problem, but instead needed gold, not silver. I bought the gold stuff and just rubbed it on. Awesome stuff, I tell you!

Lin said...

You and I had similar thoughts using blue and gold with that beautiful angel - love your card, Emily! And the 2nd one with the music in the background is really fun, too!

Marisa said...

Congrats on the DT stint!! Yeah for us - we get to see more Emily cards :) Love the gold embossing on the navy and the musical score on the second is the perfect backdrop for the bells. Well done on both :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Congrats on the Guest DT spot! Loving these cards, especially that second one. Great papers/coloring!

Aimes said...

Fabulous cards! So great to have you on board with TCM this month!
Hugs!
x

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh em gee, congrats! They are SO lucky to have you :) That angel is gorgeously detailed, and how sweet are those jingle bells? Love them both!

Veronica Z said...

Emily, I love both of your cards! They are both beautiful but I really love your Hearth and home card. Stunning!

Stacy Morgan said...

These are beautiful! I love the embossing.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

These are amazing, Emily, and I'm so excited you're designing with us this month! I love the navy with the gold and those little silver bells are adorable! Great job!

Annette Allen said...

congrats on being the guest designer...your cards are so pretty

Unknown said...

The gold embossing on the first card looks amazing. It just pops on that blue paper. So pretty. And the second card looks just a fabulous right down to the stitching. Love that.

Hugs~

Auntie Em said...

Congratulations on being chosen for the TCM design team! LOVE your cards! The dark royal blue with the embossed gold is so rich looking and the jingle bell one is so festive and fun. You captured both sides of the holidays.
You always have something so creative and fun to see on here! :)

Sharri said...

Gorgeous cards Emily! Congrats on being the GDT with us this month!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the GDT, and your cards are absolutely Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

i literally gasped when i saw these...both cards are sheer and utter fabulousness!!! beautiful!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ah, such elegance on that navy and gold card. :) And the sheet music is (of course) a perfect backdrop to jingle bells! (one of my fave Christmas songs)