The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Pop of Color

No, you are not seeing things--I am back with a new card to share for the second day in a row. I know, right? Baby steps; it's all about the baby steps to regain some level of creativity ;) .

So, to get going on today's card, I turned to the current DeNami Addict Challenge. This time around it's a sketch, and I must say it stretched me a bit. But I do, really do, like how my card turned out! Here it is:



and here's the sketch:



I used a gorgeously scripted "thinking of you" sentiment cling-style DeNami stamp to create a pair of borders and overstamped the patterned paper (from BasicGrey's Green at Heart collection) in the center with a DeNami harlequin border from the cling-style Modern Borders Set. I've never done this kind of thing before, but I looooooooooooooooove the effect! It adds some depth and texture which I thinks dresses up this simple card nicely. By the way, I also used some magenta cardstock, baker's twine, and a big, beautiful button that are all available from DeNami Design.

Want to take a crack at this sketch? You don't have to use DeNami stamps or products to enter; all you have to do is incorporate the sketch into your project. The winner gets a $15 gift certificate to the online DeNami Design store, so this would be a great way to get your DeNami collection started if you don't already have one!

I have a bunch of projects on my plate today (including wrapping up an outdoor painting project), so I've got to run. Thanks so much for dropping by today!!

May your day be filled with bliss!
Emily

15 comments:

Tina M said...

Ohh Emily, this is fantastic! I just love how you stamped between the scored lines and as if that wasn't enough to put a smile on someone's face you went and stamped that lovely harlequin design...what a beauty!!

Thank you so much for joining in the fun on the DeNami Addict challenge!!

Marisa said...

Whoot, whoot - two days in a row :) Love your take on the sketch. The twine is great!

Lisa Elton said...

Love that you used the scored line detail as part of this sketch Emily. Your twine and button look great too! Have a great day ;)

Stacy said...

This is a very beautiful card!!

Benzi said...

Oh, gorgeous and such pretty color with the magenta cardstock.

Happy Painting! :-)

Jessi Fogan said...

Wait, what? Well now I'm confused, my poor brain can't keep up :) Love the colours you chose - that Green at Heart paper was one of the first bits I used right up :) The scoring & sentiment treatment is gorgeously simple!
Hope you get your painting done today! I imagine you're in for the same rain storm we are this weekend!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I love the effect of the overstamping, Emily! It really adds so much. Great colors you used on this, too.

Pam said...

Love your overstamping, looks really cool! Very pretty card with those bright colors!!

Bonnie said...

Hi Emily. Haven't seen you in ages! I've enjoyed catching up with your wonderful creations. Love the bright colors on this one and the way you overstamped that paper! Wonderful results!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is gorgeous! I like the over-stamped diamonds and the way you stamped the sentiment. So colourful and cheery! I love your style.
Another weekend is creeping up. The weeks fly by so fast.
Thanks for sharing your lovely card! :)

nwilliams6 said...

So cute Emzi! I could never do this card as I can't line things up at all - but you did a fab job. Great colors and scoring. I have missed you (I have been doing a bunch of overtime and it has sucked all my fun time out of my life). Bunches of hugz!

Unknown said...

Looks so pretty my friend..

Hugs~

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Love the scoring along the frame w/the running text! Lovely focal point! ;o)

Unknown said...

this is so pretty and elegant. i love the denami addict challenges, but this sketch had me stumped. you're given me some direction to interpret it differently...thanks for the inspiration :)

Linda said...

Score lines, stamping on patterned paper and using twine with a button! All these things are such a wonderful addition, yet you did them all and it works fantastic! I have got to learn to use the twine and buttons!!! Very nice!