The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, October 26, 2012

Get Well Soon for FWF

Happy TGIF, everyone! Whew, it's been a busy week here, but I've been looking forward to linking up with Unity's Friends with Flair all week long. Last week was the first linkup I'd been able to do in a long, long time and I loved being back!

Today I'm sharing a card that I had published in the July issue of CARDS magazine. It was for a feature on using felt in a card design. My "twist" on this theme was to literally twist a thin scrap of ivory felt into a corkscrew ribbon. So easy! All I had to do then was tack it down to my card with two brads. Of course, my card used all (and only!) Unity stamps: the sentiment is from {ippity}'s Just Wanted to Say, and the flower and leaf are from {ippity}'s Now & Always. I paper-pieced that gorgeous flower using papers from Lily Bee's Picket Fence 6 x 6 pad, which I'd won as blog candy from my wonderful blog friend, Pam. Thanks, Pam!


Have any good plans for the weekend? My kids have an early release day today, so after a quick lunch here at home, we are heading out to spend some Kohl's Cash (my daughter needs new sneakers) and some CVS ExtraCare Bucks (I figure the kids can pick out some fun snacks or treats for themselves--why not? It won't be money out of my pocket, and it's a fun way to celebrate their half school day!). Then the kids are going to work on decorating their Halloween pumpkin. They have the cutest plans! I'll be sure to share photos soon so you can see how it turned out.

Other than that, I think it will be a quiet weekend at home just catching up on around-the-house stuff, homework, and relaxing. Although all this news about "Frankenstorm" may necessitate a bit of battening down the hatches!! I sure hope that a lot of what we're hearing is just hype. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks for dropping by to share a little slice of bliss with me today!
Emily

33 comments:

Ruby said...

Very pretty card Emily.

Pam said...

Love the design of this card, and the flower is pretty with those papers! I think I only have scraps left from my stash! Congrats on the publication too!!

NoraAnne said...

This is beautiful Emily! Congrats on the pub :)

Marisa said...

A huge congrats on the publication, Emily!!! LOVE how you twisted the felt strip!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely fun & gorgeous - I love all the gingham, and the felt just makes it feel soft & warm, perfect for a TLC get well message :) Love it!
Today must be a popular day off - my kids have it off too, the whole day, mind you. And as for Frankenstorm...well, I guess we had to have ONE.

Lisa Elton said...

I've been thinking of my east coast blogging friends with this storm brewing. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods, I'll be watching.

What a fun card this is Emily. Full of pretty layers! Have fun shopping ;)

Crystal said...

Beautiful card, congrats on getting it published! Have a fun pre-Halloween weekend with your family!

Annette Allen said...

woohoo congrats on your publication...this card is totally awesome..love that flower and how you twisted the felt...that is so cool..

Lisa H. said...

oooo! my favorite flower!!! love this.

Julie Odil said...

Congrats on being published! I can see why -- this is beautiful!

Tracy said...

Woohoo congratulations Emily..it`s beautiful!!
Hope the weather beside you stays mild..fingers crossed.
Hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Great card. Love the twisted felt ribbon...just might have to try that!

Anonymous said...

THis card is gorgeous!!!

Noelle Reese said...

I LOVE this card! If the storm does make you button down make sure you grab scrap loot! :) Be safe!!

JPScraps said...

Awesome card! Congrats on being published!!

Michelle said...

So glad you are able to share with us again!! Love this gorgeous card!

kdgowdy said...

I love everything about your card!

Eva said...

Congrats on being published! The card is stunning, I love everything about it!

Lindsey said...

Wow, so pretty! Love the asymmetric yet balanced design. Congrats on the pub, too!

Beejay said...

super cute design and card. love the colors!

LauraJane:) said...

I LOVE that flower!

Pryn said...

GORGEOUS card!!! Congrats on the pub! You deserve it! I hope the storm misses you. Saying prayers!

Renee Aslette said...

WOW!! This card is amazing. I love what you have done with the felt ribbon and the then twisting with the brads. Going to have to get my hands on these stamps too!

Carol Hurlock said...

Emily I popped on over here this morning to see what you are up to. I have been missing your cards on SCS. I was treated to this awesome flower here. Wow-is that ever gorgeous. I hope you are doing well my friend.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Unknown said...

What a pretty flower. Your card looks amazing.. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful...PUBLICATION worthy for sure!

SHartl said...

SO pretty! I just love the colors you used!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Kohl's cash used.. check
CVS Bucks used... check
Trying to scare Frankenstorm away... check. Sounds like we have been covering the same ground.

Okay not on to this gorgeous card.... WOW!

Glenda J said...

Fabulous colours and wonderful details! Lovely!

Benzi said...

Congrats on your publication, Emily! I love your card and the pretty corkscrew ribbon you created.

Hope the "Frankenstorm" doesn't give you misery. Sure hope you won't lose power, either. Stay safe.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Fabulous!! I love all the wonderful layers you pieced together! Great colors! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Love this card!! Very cheerful!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love that felt twist. I remember you doing that on another creation, long ago, though the details are all blurry in my (not too good) memory. Bet it felt (no pun intended) good to get back into some Unity again!