I used one of my favorite techniques for making a monochromatic card: the Poppin' Pastels technique. I stamped this gorgeous bouquet of shamrocks from Flourishes in Versamark ink and then applied SU garden green chalk with a sponge applicator. Usually I apply the chalk all the way to the edge of the card stock, but this time I stopped at the edges of the image. That left a blurry halo of sorts around the image, but I kind of like it!
I tried my hand at another ribbon rose, and I feel like I'm getting a better feel for it. Practice makes perfect, right?
I incorporated these challenges into the making of this card:
- Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge: FTTC105, use three patterned papers
- Card Positioning Systems: CPS205
- Wee Memories: Live, Laugh, Love (my card celebrates LIFE with its "Cheers!" sentiment)
- Challenge Up Your Life: Monochrome
- EtsyInspired Challenge #126: to be inspired by the wares of the Etsy shop Glow Girl. I was inspired by the colors and pattern of the fabric used in this coupon holder.
- Simon Says Stamp: make your own embellishment. My ribbon rose definitely qualifies here!
Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my little slice of bliss for today!
Stamps: Flourishes Irish Blessing
Paper: MFP lily pad CS, SU garden green textured CS, SU garden green DSP, MFP snowstorm CS
Ink: Palette jardin moss, Versamark
Accessories: SU five-petal flower punch, SU decorative label punch, Stampin Pastels, sponge applicator, gingham ribbon, rhinestones, foam tape, The Twinery peapod baker's twine
Techniques: Poppin' Pastels, handmade ribbon rose