I made my scalloped frame by punching 1/2" circles and individually adhering them to the back of my main panel. I also used a scalloped border punch along the bottom of my long panel. My birthday wishes sentiment (from the Papertrey Ink set Everyday Button Bits) is stamped on an adorable blank ticket that I won in some blog candy from Paper Crafts Go-To Gal Teri Anderson. How cute is that?? And that yummy layered flower? It's a Frosty Pink Lollipop by Prima. I thought it might make a fantastic focal point.
I'm also playing along with Papertrey's Make It Monday Challenge #3: Glitter Strips with Scor-Tape. Such a cool idea! I laid down two strips of 1/4" Scor-Tape side-by-side and piled on some Pink Paislee Chocolate Pixie Stix glitter. Love how this turned out!
I incorporated these additional challenges into the making of this card.
- Mojo Monday: Sketch #179 (My first Mojo sketch. I've always been too intimidated to try, but finally screwed up my courage and dove right in!)
- Simon Says Stamp: Coffee and Cream, to add the colors brown and cream to your creation.
- The Shabby Tea Room: Buttons and Bows
- A Spoon Full of Sugar: Birthday Wishes
- Flourishes Timeless Tuesday: Birthday Card
- Delightful Challenges: Use scraps (except for my background DP, all other paper portions were created from scraps!)
- Stamptacular Sunday: #99, S.O.S., to make a card for SomeOne Special. This birthday card will go to one of the special gals in my book group who will be celebrating her birthday next week!
- Tuesday Throwdown: 3D, pull out your 3-D tape/supplies and pop it up. (I used foam tape to pop up my main panel.)
Have a super weekend!
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Everyday Button Bits
Paper: BasicGrey Kraft DP, SU chocolate chip CS, We R Memory Keepers Tiffany's DP, various unknown scraps, book page ripped from a vintage history book
Ink: Marvy LePlume II black marker, Ranger tea dye distress ink
Accessories: SU 1/2" circle punch, SU scallop border punch, foam tape, Scor-Tape, Pink Paislee Chocolate Pixie Stix glitter, sponge dauber, buttons from my stash, brown burlap string, Prima Frosty Pink Lollipops flower, ticket, sewing machine, salvaged ribbon from whoopie pie packaging
Techniques: machine stitching, ink distressing