With this card I am giving another SNEAK PEEK of a soon-to-be-released clear stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers. This set is called Snowman Country, and it has a cozy, homespun feel. Wait 'til you see the whole set next week!
Oh, and I'm also debuting my new baker's twine!! Have loved the look of this twine for months, and I finally ordered some. A blogging friend, Kristy of Kristy's Crafts, pointed me to her affordable source of baker's twine at the Annie42 Etsy shop, which offers baker's twine in eight colors and, with low shipping costs, has some of the best prices around.
Here are the challenges I played in making this 5" x 6.5 " card:
- Splitcoast sketch challenge SC301
- Tuesday Throwdown: Challenge #20, Chipboard. I dug into a package of Target Dollar Spot holiday chipboard letters that my DS gave me for Christmas last year.
- City Crafter Challenge Blog: Week 25, Hooray for the Holidays--create a holiday project for any holiday. I've got Christmas covered with this one.
- Paper Sundaes: Something from Your Stash. Those three red/black swirly buttons came from my vintage button stash.
- Stamptacular Sunday: Challenge #79, Layer It On, to use at least 5 layers
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers: Snowman Country
Paper: SU basic black, The Paper Company, Canson watercolor paper, DMD DP (from WalMart)
Ink: Versamark, Rubber Stampede (scarlet, deep green, black--for watercoloring)
Accessories: CM corner rounder punch, SU scallop border punch, black EP, heat tool, foam tape, buttons from my stash, baker's twine, chipboard alphabet piece
Techniques: watercolor painting, embossing