The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Last one for Thanksgiving

With this card, I've achieved my goal for Thanksgiving cards. Now I just need to get them ready to mail out to friends and family this week!

I've been eyeing the sketch at The Craft's Meow challenge the past month, and I was finally able to put it to use yesterday. I used the Celebrating You and Timeless Tags sets by The Craft's Meow. The paper is from K&Co.'s Pumpkin Pie collection.

Over the past several weeks, I've been having some carpal tunnel issues in my right wrist. That's my mouse-clicking hand, and I suspect that I've been doing just way too much clicking, scrolling, typing, etc. Yesterday I had wake-up call, though, and felt pins and needles at random moments up and down my right arm. I'm taking that for the red flag that it is and will be cutting waaaaaaaaaaay back on my computer usage to see if I can rest it up and reverse some of the damage I've done. So this may be my last post for a while, and I don't know that I'll be able to handle much blog surfing either. Sorry!

I hope you have a terrific week!
Emily

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is wonderful Emily....love your choice of colors! Thanks for playing with us at The Craft's Meow!

Marisa said...

You know I love my leaves so am loving this beauty :)

lisa arana said...

I'll miss seeing you around, but take care of that hand. CT can be so painful, so you definitely want to rest up. Hugs.

Your thanksgiving card is gorgeous!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, I hope your wrist feels better by giving it some rest. What a scary feeling! You'd better take it easy.

Cute THanksgiving card! As always, I love to see those sewing touches you often put on your cards.

Emily Leiphart said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I always love when you stitch, Emily.

Pam said...

Such a cute card! I've had those feelings in my hands/wrists too. I used to be a welder, and it did a number on my wrists. But fortunately, it never turned into carpal tunnel, so I hope yours doesn't either! Take it easy for a few days. If you get withdrawls from blogging, you can get the 'talk instead of type' program for your computer!! :)
Pam

Benzi said...

Beautiful card, Emily. Gosh, that sounds bad about the carpal tunnel issues. I have had no symptoms but I think about it quite often and am just waiting for that same thing to happen. Oh, I hope not.

Sounds as if you need to just forget the blog surfing and posting for a while, Emily. I would sure miss you but this is something you need to handle before it gets worse.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh, so sorry to hear you have carpal tunnel issues! I hope it feels better soon!

Love your thanksgiving card and your stitching is always so beautiful!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the stitching on this one and you should definitely listen to your body!!! The card blogs are not going to change the world, it's all just for entertainment.

Jessi Fogan said...

Definitely a red flag, Emily - take care of yourself. I would suggest using the mouse with your non-dominant hand (I'm guessing left!) but with my finger debacle a few weeks ago I'm here to tell you that, well, that's freaking hard! So rest up :)
(And besides that, I love your gorgeous card, with the texture of the leaf patterns, bg, and fab stitching!)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is such a cheerful card, Emily, showcasing my favorite... fall leaves! :) Thanks so much for playing in our sketch challenge! I sure hope you can resolve that carpal tunnel soon... no fun at all!

Hugs,
Lisa

Carol Hurlock said...

How adorable. I love the paper and the fabulous punched edge.

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty thanksgiving card Emily-hope you have a wonderful celebration-and I hope resting your wrist will allow for healing

pam124 said...

Great card Emily! I'm so sorry about your wrist. That's a no-no in the stamping/blog world isn't it? I hope you will be back in shape soon as I so love your creations! Hugs!

Kary said...

Emily, this is a gorgeous card!! Love the colours and beautiful sewing. Great card!!

farmhouse-story said...

this is so wonderful, emily! awesome sketch card:)