The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Holidays

Whew! I made it to the finish line. Here is my creation for the final Flourishes release week challenge, The Christmas Sweets challenge.
We were to be inspired by the the colors in this photo and use red, white, and soft green.
Luckily, I had the perfect patterned paper to use in my new The Merry Days of Christmas pad from My Mind's Eye. My stamps are from Flourishes: the Country Charm Labels set and the O Christmas Tree set.

My kids are home from school today for Veterans Day. We are having a jammie morning! After breakfast (which I must go grab soon--my tummy is being quite vocal right now!), we need to head out for grocery shopping and maybe a little outing for fun. One of my daughter's homework assignments for this holiday weekend is to thank a veteran. She's looking forward to calling her grandfathers later today to do just that!

Have a super day! Thanks for stopping by,
Emily

8 comments:

Benzi said...

Here comes Santa Claus....love your pretty paper, Emily. Adorable card!! I really didn't need to see those luscious cupcakes...dieting. Ugh!

Marisa said...

What a great homework assignment! So important to tell the younger generations what it's all about. Darling card - love the colour combo and the cute holly leaves.

Pam said...

Love the Santa paper! Such a cute Christmas card! That's great that your daughters school is teaching them about Veterans. Good for them!
Pam

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oooh, I like this! Love that tag, and the patterned paper. You're right: it's perfect for the color challenge. Happy Veteran's Day!

Jessi Fogan said...

How fabulous is that for a homework assignment? That's a fabulous teacher she has.
I love the fun wonky stitching on your card, and the label shape - and that sweet Santa paper!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fun paper... I took my son to the ice cream shop and made him sort out the money and change as his math lesson for the day on Friday, so I like non-traditional schooling.

~Tammy~ said...

Love your whimsical stitching and that paper is just fab!