I had to bend things just a bit to make something to meet this challenge. I do not have any die cutting tools/machinery. So I had to work with what I've got: paper punches and my Creative Memories Custom Cutting System. My punches weren't big enough for what I had in mind, so the job fell to my CM tools.
Last month I started making Christmas-themed pull treats (a tutorial may be found HERE on Splitcoast Stampers). These will be for my kids to give their gymnastics coaches at Christmas time. We'll be sliding in packages of Boy Scout microwave popcorn as the treat in these clever packages. Last month I made penguin pull treats. I still needed a few more suitably masculine pull treats (all their coaches are young men), and I thought this reindeer image (from the same Mark's Finest Papers set as the penguin) would be perfect. Here's a photo of the "whole package."
I have a long list of challenges (in addition to this Stampin' B one!) that went into the making of this card. Bear with me!!
- EtsyInspired Challenge: #112, to be inspired by the wares of the BeiLeXian Etsy store. I was inspired to make a reindeer my animal focus by this BeiLeXian card.
- Jazzy Paper Designs Challenge: #15, to be inspired by an album from the Blue Note Jazz label. The colors of my card were inspired by this album by Wynton Marsalis:
- Midnight Madness Sketch: MMSC78
- Speedy the Cat's Friends: Challenge #27, make a holiday card
- Critter Sketch Challenge: #38, anything Christmas
- Paper Sundaes: #42, For the Boys (for a boy or a man)
- Papertake Weekly: Penny for the Guy (cards for boys/men)
- Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: #83, Hide and Seek! (to create a card where the sentiment/words are hidden at first glance). I stamped my sentiment on the paper "ribbon" of this pull treat, which can't be seen until you pull on the ribbon to slide out the treat. You can get a better peek in this close-up photo.
Thanks so much for dropping by to visit today!
Card Recipe:Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers Time to ChillPaper: The Paper Company ivory CS, Pink Paislee Mistletoe & Co. Collection DPInk: Palette burnt umber, haystackAccessories: SU word window punch, Creative Memories Custom Cutting System, sponge, Prismacolor pencils, OMS, paper blending stumps, SU corduroy button brad, brad, hemp cordTechniques: sponging, Gamsol Magic