The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Retro Seahorse

First, I have some news to share: I'm pleased to announce that as of today, I am a member of the Stampin' B's Design Team!! Each Thursday, one member of the Stampin' B's team issues a card-making challenge, and we invite you to be inspired and play along--just for the fun of it! :)

Today's challenge was issued by my SCS friend Brenda, known to many as Benzi. Her challenge was to use a charm on our cards. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!!! I was excited to dig into my collection of fun charms from Mark's Finest Papers for this adorable brass seahorse. For some crazy reason, seahorses make me think of retro 50s & 60s bathrooms, (I know, weird, huh??). I was picturing pearly seahorse plaques in a mint green and pink bathroom, so I Googled "mint pink bathroom" for inspiration for this card--and found it in spades!!





Fun stuff, right? Does it remind you of your grandmother's house??

I used images from the Mark's Finest Papers Flourished Sea Creatures stamp set and some lovely pearlescent Sparkle Finish card stock (also from MFP) for my 50s flashback card. I love how it turned out!! Here are a few close-up photos.

Thanks for checking out my little slice of bliss today!!

Supplies:
Stamps: MFP Flourished Sea Creatures
Paper: MFP Frosty Mint Sparkle Finish Card Stock, MFP Pink Freeze Sparkle Finish Premium Card Stock, MFP China Blue Eyes Linen Finish Card Stock
Ink: Palette noir black, Palette waterlily green, Palette toile pink
Accessories: scoring tool, dimensionals, sheer ribbon from MFP, brad, seahorse charm from MFP LARGE Seashore Brass Charms pack

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! what a fun card; love the pink and green.

Joanne (jojot) said...

welcome aboard, Emily.....and wow...what a clean, crisp, fabulous FIRST B's card to start with.....so dramatic in its simple loveliness...loved seeing the source of your inspiration as well.....fabulous work, as always

hugs
joanne

Bonnie said...

I love it (on the card, not in the bath)! It is so 50s! Great job Emily.

Mary Marsh said...

congrats on being selected for the stampin b's dt-I like your work-this card is great and the colors you used are so fab-I didnt remember pink & green baths (lol)

Basslady said...

i love seahorses...what a perfect card!

marvellous stamp-image!

xoxo silvi (germany)

Ann English said...

This is perfectly lovely and reminds me so of my childhood---long story!

Benzi said...

Just visiting your blog and thought I would tell you again how much I like your seahorse card and charm. Can't say I like those baths that well, though. What were they thinking? Who knows...it could be back in style soon. Ugh! LOL

Courtney Baker said...

That's so funny! Love the inspiration and card!