The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April DeNami Inspired By

Hello and welcome back to the April edition of DeNami Design's Inspired By feature! Each month we feature one talented DeNami customer's work, and then honor that wonderful artist with a host of DeNami DT projects inspired by it! This month we were inspired by Barb M.


Isn't that absolutely beautiful? You can read all about it right here on Barb's blog.

I really loved the colors that Barb used in her lovely creation, so I let those guide my design and decided to take a CAS approach. Here's what I came up with:


I used the Fancy Flutters cling set, Decorative Flourish, and Sending You Love sentiment. I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and used an emboss-resist technique with it while sponging on some dye ink. I was going for an ombre look--I hope that's what I achieved!

Be sure to head over to the DeNami Design blog today to see how the rest of the team was inspired by Barb's lovely creation!

Thanks so much for visiting today. May your day be filled with bliss!
Emily

20 comments:

Pam said...

Very sweet Emily! Love your ombre sponging at the bottom, really makes your sentiment pop!!

Unknown said...

I love this Emily! Your CAS design is perfect...the flourish detail makes a perfect butterfly trail! I love the background color too...beautiful!

Brenda in IN said...

Sweetest little butterflies! I think you did great with the ombre effect.

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so sweet and soft Emily! I love the resist for the sentiment at the bottom and those little butterflies over the swirls are so delicate. Beautiful colour combination. I love the yellow background!
Thanks for sharing and hope you are having a great week. It's very wet and a lot of people have been flooded out in our area. We may need arks if the rain doesn't let up soon!

Julia Aston said...

Hi Emily! Love the wonderful sponged color on this - the colorful framings and sweet butterflies!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card.

Happy Wednesday.

Hugs~

Benzi said...

Emily, this is super and sooooooo pretty. What a wonderful technique.

Tracey McNeely said...

Very pretty card, love the sponging. I just love Fancy Flutter!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love the soft sponging under the white sentiment, so lovely!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful CAS approach Emily, love this!

~Tammy~ said...

Love the sweet clean and simple design! So so pretty! I just always love seeing how everyone is inspired! :-)

Darnell said...

Your sponging and colors are so sensational, Emily! What a sweet take on Barb's inspirational card!! Hugs, Darnell

cm said...

Emily, your card is nothing short of gorgeous, and consider your ombre look achieved with both style and flair! Your take on Barb's card: breath-taking! Love this!!
c

Carol Hartery said...

Your card is gorgeous! You definitely achieved the look you wanted.

I just joined your email list so now you have my email address. I still couldn't find yours, but I want to thank you for answering my questions. Talk to you again soon.

Happy Easter!
Carol

Jessi Fogan said...

Just gorgeous, Emily! And excellent pick for a customer feature :)

Deb said...

Emily, I love your CAS card!!! The sponging is gorgeous! Just lovely!

Maria said...

So soft and pretty!

Unknown said...

LOVE it! Great sponging technique.

Greta said...

Oh how beautiful, Emily!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous colors and amazing design. A wonderful inspired card! Hugz!