Does this feel like you, too? Well, except for the stylish pencil skirt and those high-heeled shoes, this card pretty much sums up my life these days. Juggling a million details that keep my family running
This card was inspired by the Use 10 Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, in honor of the release of the new Paper Crafts special issue, 75 Creative Card Challenges.
My very wise hubby is a big fan of consigning the solution of vexing problems to the subconscious. Can't see how to tackle something right away? Familiarize yourself with the problem and just walk away from it, sleep on it, do something completely different for a while. And that ol' subconscious just plugs away on it, chews it over, and pretty soon smacks you up side the head--completely out of the blue--with just the insight, answer, approach, or solution method that you need. That's just how it happened for me: in the middle of brushing my teeth while thinking about something completely different.
I selected my embellishments very carefully, picking them for the kinds of tasks that we modern women must juggle. I had to increase my card size to a mega 5" x 7" to get them to all fit comfortably! Anyway, starting with that ribbon rose on the bottom left, and then going clockwise, we have :
- The red ribbon rose symbolizes time spent bringing happiness, thoughtfulness, and our thankfulness to others in the form of gifts, cards, phone calls, emails, and favors.
- The paperclip symbolizes time spent at work.
- The baseball brad symbolizes time spent managing (and chauffeuring!) kid activities.
- The wooden clock face symbolizes time spent managing and planning the family calendar.
- The sparkly apple cabochon symbolizes time spent on planning, shopping, and preparing tasks that keep the family well-nourished.
- The mini wooden clothespin symbolizes time spent on housekeeping chores.
- The shiny star brad symbolizes time spent overseeing and helping with the kids' schoolwork.
- The Asian coin symbolizes time spent on all the myriad financial management tasks.
- The wooden Bingo number symbolizes time spent on family fun activities and "me" time.
- The shiny little key symbolizes time spent on home and auto maintenance.
So, if you feel like you are juggling too much, too, I do believe I know how you feel. And hopefully knowing that will lift you up and make the juggling just a tiny bit easier to manage. :)
Thank you so much for joining me for a little slice of bliss today! It's always a joy to have you drop by!