The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

From the Heart


Greetings and salutations, my friends! Today I am sharing a little Valentine's Day card that I cooked up for this month's Flourishes release week challenge. The theme is Love Letters.


I went with a pink and red "love colors" palette and focused on a sweet little sentiment that says "from the heart."


I used two Flourishes stamp sets: the retired Spring Botanicals (I used the bleeding heart silhouette to stamp my background and embossed as my focal image) and Tiny Flowers and Tags.

It's a busy week for us here on Bliss Road. The kids have lots going on after school this week. Our son just started two different after-school enrichment classes. One is Lego Robotics and the other is a cool course called Get Smarter, a look at how our minds make sense (and nonsense) of our world. Both courses  last for an hour, once per week, for six weeks and are taught by teachers at his school. He is so pumped to be taking them! And I'm happy that he can take advantage of these without my having to provide additional carting around. I show up to fetch him after school like normal, except a little over an hour later. A win-win all around! It's nice for him to have a little something extra to do during these dark winter months.

Thanks for checking out my little slice of bliss for today!
Emily

23 comments:

Pam said...

This is so pretty Emily! I love that bleeding heart image, so lovely! Sounds like your son has some really cool courses he's taking!!

Benzi said...

The embossed bleeding hearts are so pretty and the little sentiment is just precious. Great card, Emily.

Good for your son...keeping the mind busy.

~amy~ said...

gorgeous card! yahoo for your boy!

Lisa Elton said...

Such a dreamy card today Emily, a perfect Valentine! How wonderful for your son to have these after school activities! Our son would have loved the Lego robotics!!

Marisa said...

Love the pink on pink and how you embossed the focal image and used white as your accent colour. Lovely card.

Stacy said...

This is a beautiful card - great colors and the framing of the flowers is perfect. How fun for your son to have some extra activities at school!

Jessi Fogan said...

LEGO robotics would be SO COOL! And Get Smarter sounds really neat.
What a pretty stick pin - love the crystal, and that gorgeous embossing!

Carol Hurlock said...

Emily this is so cute. I love the bleeding hearts image. So perfect for a Valentine's Day Card. Your son's classes sound so interesting. I would love to take the Get Smarter course myself...lol
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Anita said...

This is so pretty Emily. OK, I'm all set for your washi articles - picked up a couple of rolls yesterday and all I need is for you to tell me how to use it :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Emily what a beautiful love letter this is. I love pink and red together and the glossy hear and bling--swoon!

Inkyfingers said...

This is so pretty. Love it.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card! I love that stitched frame border.

yyam said...

Oh wow. This is beautiful Emily. I love the pink and that bold red panel! Gorgeous!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous card Emily! I really like how you combined the stamp sets :)!!! Thank you for playing along with us! Hugs ~S~

ChristineCreations said...

Emily this is SO cute! I love how the bleeding hearts look in this die and the black accents/dots look so sharp! Thanks for playing along with us this month!

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, beautiful card, Emily! Love the colors, the image (too bad it's a retired set!) and the stitching! Hugs

Stacy Morgan said...

Emily this is so pretty. The white embossing looks wonderful and great framing for the flowers. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Love Letter Challenge.

MS said...

Ohh, I just love this card! Love colors, the pin & the ribbon-so prett!

The Lego class sounds fun!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful! I love the pink/red combo and the soft look of the card with the white Silhouette image.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Those classes of your son's sound REALLY cool! Can I take the 'Get Smarter' one? LOL

Your card made me say, "Aw!", because I love the bleeding hearts paired with this sentiment. It's beautiful!

~Tammy~ said...

Love the pink and red! A beautiful love card!

I am so impressed by the programs your son's school offer. Wow! I love that he is excited by those wonderful enrichment things!

Auntie Em said...

The white silhouette against the pink is so soft and romantic. The little heart, the gems and the ribbon tied stick pen are all so delicate and sweet. (And again, the awesome stitching!)

Your son must be in an amazing school with great teachers. Kids learn so much from creative programs. So many teachers just want the day over and the kids to go home. I have so much respect and admiration for the ones who are really professional and go the extra mile. Hope he has fun!

Bonnie said...

OH, Emily, this is so elegant!